PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

This might be an honest issue of oversight but just in case...I ordered a 2021 Northstar which I picked up today and it was supposed to ship with the FACTORY installed winch...arrived with winch installed but missing the wireless remote (signal receiver not installed either). On the Polaris website it lists as stock on vehicle with both dash switch and wireless remote. Dealer said they may have discontinued for 2021 but at these prices my opinion it should be included. Dealer ordered it in and was checking with polaris...but just as a caution for those making the purchase....check for it.

Cheers,
J

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine came with just the wireless remote. I asked the dealer if I could add a dash switch, they said I couldn't, but I did with an after market. it turns out that the factory wiring has provisions for it (plug and play), I just cut the plug off and spliced in the after market.
The wireless should be easier to install since you wouldn't have to mount a switch, probably in the 1/2 hour range.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So strange...mine came from FACTORY with the dash switch mounted by the light switch....at least the dealer is taking care of it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Assuming you checked under the hood? That's where my remote and receiver were even though I didn't order it that way and the dealer had no idea it was there. 2020 NS Premium. Maybe I got lucking getting the remote sounds the switch was also on the dash

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure did...I even showed them the mounting location under the hood. Just super odd I guess but at least they're making it right.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
264 Posts
Must have gotten missed. My 20 came with wireless remote and switch in cab by headlight switch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just curious where you see that it shows that it comes with the "Wireless" remote for the winch. I have had one on order for quite some time, and mine hasn't arrived yet. I did feel like I read that somewhere, and now can't seem to find it. My dad just got his from the dealer last week, and his came the same way, with the winch, but not the remote. I told him that I thought it was supposed to come with the wireless remote, and he said the dealer didn't think so. That's when I looked again, and now I can't find where I read that. Maybe they removed that listing...? I do appreciate anything you can show me, because I think mine is supposed to be showing up in about a week.

Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
My understand (haven't verified) that the North Star Ultimate winch has the remote. My 2020 NS Premium had the 4500# winch and a dash switch In/out for the winch needed to the headlight switch.

However, my unit had the remote and receiver under the hood which the dealer said was not supposed to be there, so I just got lucky.

You can buy they remote and receiver separate and follow YouTube videos for self install

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just curious where you see that it shows that it comes with the "Wireless" remote for the winch. I have had one on order for quite some time, and mine hasn't arrived yet. I did feel like I read that somewhere, and now can't seem to find it. My dad just got his from the dealer last week, and his came the same way, with the winch, but not the remote. I told him that I thought it was supposed to come with the wireless remote, and he said the dealer
Just curious where you see that it shows that it comes with the "Wireless" remote for the winch. I have had one on order for quite some time, and mine hasn't arrived yet. I did feel like I read that somewhere, and now can't seem to find it. My dad just got his from the dealer last week, and his came the same way, with the winch, but not the remote. I told him that I thought it was supposed to come with the wireless remote, and he said the dealer didn't think so. That's when I looked again, and now I can't find where I read that. Maybe they removed that listing...? I do appreciate anything you can show me, because I think mine is supposed to be showing up in about a week.

Thanks!
didn't think so. That's when I looked again, and now I can't find where I read that. Maybe they removed that listing...? I do appreciate anything you can show me, because I think mine is supposed to be showing up in about a week.

Thanks!

Hey, the above is the Canada site but I'd bet if you swap out the ca above and put in us it will take you to the same spot....youll see the winch listed as stock on vehicle ...open it up and in the specs you'll see the wireless remote is included...also at the top is the search for bike specific accessories. I sent this to the dealer and they are making it right....good luck but it's pretty black and white if you ask me

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Description
The incredible pulling power of our Polaris PRO HD 4,500 lb. winch just got a whole lot faster thanks to new Rapid Rope Recovery - new technology that allows you to retrieve excess cable 5-times faster. The winch dial features three settings: FREE SPOOL to attach the winch hook, PULL for winch mode, and RAPID ROPE RECOVERY for faster re-spooling. Auto Stop Technology stops the winch automatically when the collar touches the fairlead saving time and preventing over-spooling. This pre-wired winch and contactor come pre-assembled for easier installation in 30 minutes or less.
Overview & Specs
  • One (1) Polaris PRO HD 4,500 Lb. Winch with Rapid Rope Recovery
  • 1.6-hp motor provides 4,500 lb. rated pulling power
  • New Rapid Rope Recovery design with standard pulling mode and high-speed recovery
  • Wireless remote control with a 50’ range and a unique code for no interference operation
  • Auto Stop Technology stops the winch at completion
  • Mounts in designated, integrated location
  • Recover open cable 5-times faster than standard speed
  • Mount included
Other SpecificationsComes prewired and preassembled, with Auto Stop fairlead and Rapid Rope Recovery
Ease Of InstallationMedium
WarrantyWarranty Information
Subbed From2882715
What's Included
  • All components for installation including hardware, fairlead, wireless remote, hook, strap and complete instructions.
Designed to Fit
RGR
  • 2021 RANGER XP 1000 Trail Boss
  • 2021 RANGER XP 1000 NorthStar Edition Ultimate
  • 2021 RANGER XP 1000 NorthStar Edition Premium
  • 2021 RANGER CREW XP 1000 Trail Boss
  • 2021 RANGER CREW XP 1000 NorthStar Edition Ultimate
  • 2021 RANGER CREW XP 1000 NorthStar Edition Premium
Show More
Guides & Manuals
WINCH KITWINCH KITWinch Kit
California residents: WARNING

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine came with just the wireless remote. I asked the dealer if I could add a dash switch, they said I couldn't, but I did with an after market. it turns out that the factory wiring has provisions for it (plug and play), I just cut the plug off and spliced in the after market.
The wireless should be easier to install since you wouldn't have to mount a switch, probably in the 1/2 hour range.
my 2019 came with the remote

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2020 XP 1000 premium with cold weather package came with 4.5K winch,dash mounted switch and wireless fob.
Fob is a little tricky sometimes,
But works great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a 21 Northstar Ultimate and mine doesn’t have a wireless remote, either. I think I saw on another forum that they were having so many issues with the remote that they don’t include it any more.

I think I’m going to try to figure out a longer, hard wired version... it’s in my “to-do” list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey folks,

This might be an honest issue of oversight but just in case...I ordered a 2021 Northstar which I picked up today and it was supposed to ship with the FACTORY installed winch...arrived with winch installed but missing the wireless remote (signal receiver not installed either). On the Polaris website it lists as stock on vehicle with both dash switch and wireless remote. Dealer said they may have discontinued for 2021 but at these prices my opinion it should be included. Dealer ordered it in and was checking with polaris...but just as a caution for those making the purchase....check for it.

Cheers,
J
I get my 2021 Northstar which I picked up last week, my missing wireless control too. Call the dealer and he is checking with Polaris if they coming with a remote controller.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I watched videos on the 21’s and it says that it doesn’t ship with remote anymore. Probably got tired af replacing lost or dead batteries. The way I look at it, it means if I need the winch I get to stay in the seat and operate it! I really like my new northstar crew trail boss.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts