PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped another thread with this issue, figure it would be best to start my own...

Brand new, right from when I got it home it was doing this:

Called dealer and will bring it in.

The issue of phase comes to mind on this...I see the end cups at the diff and the transfer case, they are easy 30 degrees out of phase. Is this normal?

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
155 Posts
That’s crappy. My ranger crew doesn’t do that! Take it back let dealer fix it.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
If it were mine it would be going right back to the dealer. It's not your job to pinpoint the cause of the problem, only to point it out and tell them about it.

My wild guess as to the cause, maybe excess clearance between the ring and pinion in the front diff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed but surely this helps the dealer to properly diagnose and to document that there is definitely an issue.

I will update when I bring it in

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shop guy test drove it, said its normal...that they all do it to some degree at higher speeds. They offered for me to take a different new one for a quick spin when it arrives later this week.

Granted the sound in the seat is no where close to what you hear on the GoPro but still doesn't seem right. On the other hand I don't get a sense that this guy is dismissing me either.

Its got a 6 month warranty, I will drive it as is and see what happens as I have pretty good documentation about the issue. Will change the oils soon as well...see what the front diff oil looks like.

It should be noted that once I put it up on my hoist and get it up to speed (+30KM/Hr) there is zero noise, in two wheel with front wheels not moving and 4 wheel with fronts spinning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts