PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ranger Crew XP 1000 Premium in CAMO
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin for PiCs and opinions on scoped rifle racks, im sure a few of yall could help me out here. For the cost of some, i would rather not waste my money if their junk.
2021 XP1000 Crew with a Deep South diamond plate roof
Appreciate it yall

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,132 Posts
I tried an inside roof mount Great Day rack and found I was too tall. Otherwise, it was fine and the price was good. They make a lot of stuff, so maybe one of them will work for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried an inside roof mount Great Day rack and found I was too tall. Otherwise, it was fine and the price was good. They make a lot of stuff, so maybe one of them will work for you.
Lol The Great Day rack is the one i was leaning towards. How tall are you? Where does the rack mount?
I saw one that looks as thought it mounts at the top of the dam windshield?!! Not sure i would like that personally

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,132 Posts
6’2” I also have a 2 seat midsize, so my roof might be lower. I was looking at the tall version at the website when I was trying to remember the name. Their tall version seems to be at the front of the windshield and only one gun, so type might work for me with an adjustment to my current one.

Reactions: DGoggil

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6’2” I also have a 2 seat midsize, so my roof might be lower. I was looking at the tall version at the website when I was trying to remember the name. Their tall version seems to be at the front of the windshield and only one gun, so type might work for me with an adjustment to my current one.
You got almost an inch on me. Im not sure of the size difference in the mid vs full, i have a 6 seater crew. I’ve got bout 6” between my head and the roof. I had thought about a nice double rifle bag to hang inbetween the front and rear seating. Not to mention a bag would likely have zippered pockets to carry more stuff😀. But then i won’t have immediate access either, which im not to concerned with for this purpose of use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lookin for PiCs and opinions on scoped rifle racks, im sure a few of yall could help me out here. For the cost of some, i would rather not waste my money if their junk.
Appreciate it yall
Are you using the racks in all types of weather and are you on roads or trails?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you using the racks in all types of weather and are you on roads or trails?
Asphalt Roads, dirt roads, fields, little trail at the current time. And yes all types of weather….except ❄ lol, dont see much of that in South Georgia

·
Registered
2021 Ranger 1000 Premium
4 Posts
I have the Great Day on my 1000 I use for shotguns but I’m sure would work for rifles. The only thing I would recommend is making a small bracket to mount the top of it to the back of the roof for added stability.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JPM36 that is a sweet setup you’ve got👍 but not what i’m looking for. I have a friend giving me 2 Polaris rifle cases that i’ll be looking for the brackets as he does not have the rack to which they were for. They sat in an X pattern, i need to find that pic and post it and see if anyone on here can help me locate actually also

·
Registered
12 Posts
Appreciate it yall
I have a 2016 900XP EPS and have the Big Sky BSR-2 rack mounted to the Polaris steel top. I am 5'9" tall and no issues but no clue about taller folks. I made the adapter bars the rack is attached to using typical flat steel available at most big box or Tractor Supply stores.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Appreciate it yall
That kolpin gun boot 6.0 with an inside zippered canvas bag fit both my "scoped" AR and the Browning XBOLT.

The other double mounts are adjustable and fit on the cage behind your head (so you can lay 2 rifles top and bottom).

If you plan to hang them in the open, you can get a rifle/shotgun sock when mounting.

I hope that helps.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DGoggil
1 - 11 of 11 Posts