PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded our 2011 400 Ranger for a 2021 Ranger 1000 EPS. Love it, but the gas tank inlet appears to be below the full line, and is horizontal to the fuel level, so gas runs out when you reach that point. It should have a general sloping direction To keep the fuel in the tank. Had a horrible time getting fuel in from gas cans. Did the best I could, about 3/4 tank, then went to a gas station and tried the pump. While I could get another gallon of fuel in, the back and forth movement of the fuel was pushing fuel out the horizontal inlet. This is the worst fuel loading setup I’ve ever seen. May have to be happy with 3/4 tank of fuel as full.

Has anyone else with this tank found a solution for this?

·
Registered
708 Posts
It’s really not an issue, you still get enough in the tank, rzr is the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
How many gallons are you putting in it?
On my 2013 900xp it holds 10 gal. on dead empty the digital gauge will flash empty and still have 2 + gal. left
and if you use gas cans it will pour out when full.
I fill from gas cans and use a long neck funnel. You will have to figure out how to secure funnel if filling by yourself.

Check for tank venting ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I’m going to have to get a funnel with a long right angle neck. I’ve got a couple in mind.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
264 Posts
I use a siphon hose. Place the Jerry can on the corner of the box.
I still have no idea what you are talking about.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The fill neck on my 2020 570 FS has a pretty low angle but I noticed a friend's 2021 1000SOHC fill neck is lower and at a more horizontal angle than mine. Filling mine is tedious as it gets closer to full. Closer to the ground his looks tougher to fill without spilling from overfill. Almost have to kneel to see in the neck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fill neck on my 2020 570 FS has a pretty low angle but I noticed a friend's 2021 1000SOHC fill neck is lower and at a more horizontal angle than mine. Filling mine is tedious as it gets closer to full. Closer to the ground his looks tougher to fill without spilling from overfill. Almost have to kneel to see in the neck.
yes, that’s my issue. I had a tech to my house to check a noise issue I was having and ask him about the fuel filling. He agreed it’s an issue, and that my current fuel containers would be problematic in fueling this Ranger. He said he uses a long flexible nozzle, and agreed my funnel choice would be much better than using my current nozzles.

Clubin, hope Rooster59’s explanation helps clears up my original post.

thank you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My friend has a couple of these "fluid containers" for refiling his zero turn and Ranger. They are widely available at farm stores and Amazon. Officially not for fuel containers but they come in red, yellow, and white. Probably because they don't have any restrictive evaporative type nozzles on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts