PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 700xp Just changed out the TPS SEEMS to run better??????? Also went ahead an replaced the 8 year old original battery. After hooking everything back up I'm now getting this code????? Unhooked the battery to try and clear it No good.. Any ideas about why??? I though maybe I broke a wire but the dash shows the correct gear that I'm in. Is there more wires that tell the ecu what gear Its in???? Will pull the harness again tomorrow to see if I did something there

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
2008 700xp Just changed out the TPS SEEMS to run better??????? Also went ahead an replaced the 8 year old original battery. After hooking everything back up I'm now getting this code????? Unhooked the battery to try and clear it No good.. Any ideas about why??? I though maybe I broke a wire but the dash shows the correct gear that I'm in. Is there more wires that tell the ecu what gear Its in???? Will pull the harness again tomorrow to see if I did something there
Steve that 25 ,invalid gear code, as far as I am concerned is a nothing code. Mine does it periodically and the trans is adjusted as tight as I can get it. Many have reported having it with no ill effects......

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Kris, thats what I'm hoping!! I just have so many problems going on at one time, I'm getting oldbrainblog!!!!

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I wouldn't lose sleep over it. It's probably just an intermittent connection to the indicator switch. Unplug the connector and make sure it's clean, then add some dielectric grease when you put it back together. If it continues to be a problem, just replace the switch......I think they're only $35 or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts