PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to put some larger tires on my 2018 570 MS and wondering how large I can go before it cuts down power. I like to hill climb vs. mud holes and need more ground clearance.
Also, can a 27" tire fit on my stock rims?
Thanks for your advice!

·
Registered
153 Posts
You’ll gain more ground clearance by simply adding a lift. For instance, there are many 2-2 1/2 lifts. That lifts the entire frame. In comparison, you’d need a 29-30 to get that much clearance at the frame given that the stock tires are 25s. True that the a arms will have more clearance near the tires if you add the larger tires, but that’s the only advantage.

Yes, you can put 27s on the stock rims. They may or may not hit the tie rods without a lift depending on the tire profile/width. Any tire diameter change will change your gearing.

I’d do the lift first. Then consider going to larger tires. According to MMA, the MMA lift will allow you to go to 28s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You’ll gain more ground clearance by simply adding a lift. For instance, there are many 2-2 1/2 lifts. That lifts the entire frame. In comparison, you’d need a 29-30 to get that much clearance at the frame given that the stock tires are 25s. True that the a arms will have more clearance near the tires if you add the larger tires, but that’s the only advantage.

Yes, you can put 27s on the stock rims. They may or may not hit the tie rods without a lift depending on the tire profile/width. Any tire diameter change will change your gearing.

I’d do the lift first. Then consider going to larger tires. According to MMA, the MMA lift will allow you to go to 28s.
Great! Thanks Jim! I've seen so many YouTubes about broken axles I'm getting gun shy about doing anything, but with 2 people and a load of gear in the back, the 570 squats down to about 6". I set the springs on the tallest setting to se how that helps this weekend at Mines and Meadows in PA. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts