PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 2015 900xp and want to run 28 roctanes. I want as little lift as possible. Will 2 inch work? I'm thinking a 2 inch lift with arched forward a arms. Does anyone make them combined, the forwards a arms with 2 inches of lift built in? I've looked at Backwoods Armor but they only offer a bracket lift or forward arms but nothing combined. Just seems like a waste of money to have to buy both. Maybe they intended it that way, so you would have to buy both. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like some lift for Xtra ground clearance. Want to keep it low for better axle life though. That's why I'm looking for forward a arms with lift built in.

·
Super Moderator
6,922 Posts
Ok I have a 2015 900xp and want to run 28 roctanes. I want as little lift as possible. Will 2 inch work? I'm thinking a 2 inch lift with arched forward a arms. Does anyone make them combined, the forwards a arms with 2 inches of lift built in? I've looked at Backwoods Armor but they only offer a bracket lift or forward arms but nothing combined. Just seems like a waste of money to have to buy both. Maybe they intended it that way, so you would have to buy both. Any suggestions?
You can order the BA A arms with the 2 inch lift built in.
You state you want as little lift as possible, you can also order the BA Forward A arms with no lift built in, this should also clear 28' Roctanes.

·
Registered
533 Posts
the 28" roctanes should clear without any lift. may have minimum rubbing on the fender well. forward arms and/or 2" lift should stop that. So whatever route you choose, you should be fine.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I went with 30 Roctanes and no lift, I used the superatv forward arched a-arms. I had to trim the front bumper but other than that they work great. I think these Roctanes are my favorite tire to date.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Toxic-21 sorry I wasn't quite clear with my post, I just meant I want to keep the lift on the small side to avoid axle troubles. I do want some lift for ground clearance.

Gunguy, could you post a pic of your setup? I wanted 30's but decided on staying 28's because I didn't want to have to crank my shocks all the way up. This is my first sxs, so I'm still trying to figure all this out.

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm not sure how to upload pics so heres a short video I made a few months ago. This is with the shocks set from the factory and now lift.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much did it effect your power? Any clutch work. I'm thinking of doing something with my clutch anyway because I hate the engagement.

·
Registered
187 Posts
How much did it effect your power? Any clutch work. I'm thinking of doing something with my clutch anyway because I hate the engagement.
I haven't touched the clutch, but i'm going to do some thing just because I can't leave it alone(clutch). I just like to tinker, i'm going to do the cheap Dalton clutch first and maybe the Dura clutch later. The 8 ply Roctane is the only way to go, these rangers are so heavy that anything less just won't hold up. I had the 30 inch Bighorns on my XP4 900 and those things held up ok but they are no where near the tire these Roctanes are.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks gunguy! I think I'm going with the 30's and the 2 inch lift with forward a arms. I've been looking at the ddp clutch. Now if I can get all that with the rzr ECU, I'll be set!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hear ya, more power the better!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
From what I understand, the forward a arms make all the difference. I will be getting the forward arms with 2 inches of lift built in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts