PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,
We will be purchasing a new 2020 Ranger Crew 1000 Premium (non-XP) later this month. For the areas where we ride - southwestern USA - I believe that a 28x10-14 tire in same-size-at-all-four-corners setup would do very nicely to enhance both look and performance. I have searched, but I have not yet seen a definitive answer from anybody as to whether or not this tire combination will clear without rubbing on a stock suspension machine. The plan would be to mount these tires on a new set of (4) same-size rims so that the tires can be rotated for wear.
Any help is appreciated. I know the new 1000 is supposed to be a replacement for the old XP900, but with all of the updates to the new machine, I figure I should check. For that matter, does the 28x10-14 clear on the old XP900?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have 28x10x14 Kanati Mongrels on my 2017 900XP with NO problems, I also have a set of 28x10x14 Tensor tires on another 900XP with no problems. Sometimes when turning left I'll get just a slight rub on the Tensor's, but no enough to worry about.

Zonk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 28x10x14 Kanati Mongrels on my 2017 900XP with NO problems, I also have a set of 28x10x14 Tensor tires on another 900XP with no problems. Sometimes when turning left I'll get just a slight rub on the Tensor's, but no enough to worry about.

Zonk
Thanks! Looks like I’m in luck!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Zonk
What wheels / backspacing are the Mongrels mounted you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts