PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a bigger tire and the ride on my 28" mud tires is very rough. I have the Backwoods Armor 2" Forward and Arched A-Arms and am hoping to find out information if a 30" Mudder Inlaw will fit? If not what is the minimum that will make them fit? i.e saw off the extending tubes from stock bumper? Don't really want a lift. Want a low center of gravity but still some extra ground clearance and a stock CV angle.

·
Registered
437 Posts
30" bighorns no lift fwd arms minimal rub on front bumper. I don't know the actual measurement of the tire compared to the ones you are asking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I had a 2" bracket lift and 2" wheel spacers running SATV forward arms and 30" MIL's. The only problem I had was the tread rubbing on the screws that stuck out of the bottom of the inner fender well while turning at full compression (in front). MIL's are true to size, not sure how other tires measure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great. Anybody have a clue how tall the buggy is without a roof after going with 30's and forward a arms, no lift. Hoping it's still short enough to fit in a standard(50's ranch style house) height garage.

·
Registered
419 Posts
the 30 mother in laws may be true to size - but 32s run about 30-3/4" tall - short for 32s.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
the 30 mother in laws may be true to size - but 32s run about 30-3/4" tall - short for 32s.
At what air pressure....just curious.

·
Registered
419 Posts
ill check - but its a good bit... never seen them squat any

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I run 10 psi in my 30's. The difference between 8 psi and 10 psi is 28.5"ish to 30"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do the Mudder Inlaws ride any smoother than the Mega Mayham's?

Also any body know the height I'll be at would be appreciated. Hoping to fit in my standard garage height garage. Just bought them with out checking but I'm dumb like that.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I can say anything about the Mega Mayhems but I was running the ITP Mudlite Xl's before......those things felt like I was running on a rumble strip on hardpack trails and I hated them. The MILs ride smooth in straight line but vibrate some while turning on hardback. That can be expected because of the huge void between treadblocks on the outside of the tire.

I don't have an exact height, but guessing it was around 6'- 6'3" with the 30's and 2" bracket lift.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
You could also air the tires down to get it in the garage if you had to! ;-)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am about to install the tires tomorrow and wanted to know if anyone has experience with BA forward arched arms front and rear, no lift, and 30" rubbing to much. I know I am probably going to have to saw off the bumper tubes, but anyone else know for sure if they'll fit. I know its not always 100% but any assurance would be appreciated. Need to get them installed and go scout by 3 and hoping not to have any issues.

Bought my tires from ATV Part Hub and they had a great price ~$760 shipped and ordered at 10:30 on 11/4 and received them today. Overall excellent experience.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have 2" forward and 3" built in lift and mine will almost hit the plastic at the headlight 30x9.50-15
IMG_1654.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not much rubbing with duck hunting laid on 'er. Mudding might be different, but can't see it being that bad.

BTW was driving through the marsh in high gear and got stranded after billows of smoke started coming from my belt exhaust snorkel, and the belt finally broke. Like a fool I didn't put two and two together. Opened housing at red screw and it was dry. Will be in low unless on a road from now on.

Got out with a boat anchor, my winch and a 1996 Honda Foreman :). Replaced the wire cable on winch with a synthetic.

Not sure yet on the garage door height being a problem. I will try and report back when I find out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had some pretty hard rubbing going on when I was at a deer camp this past week so I went ahead and cut off the front bumper. Top tube I cut off 5" from the center bumper area and lower tube I cut off 3" from the center bumper area. I then trimmed the black plastic where it looks like fog lights should go(open area surrounded by black ABS plastic) and made it level with the corner where the side meets the front.

I ordered a set of these new end cap plugs. After googling I saw a thread on another forum that pointed out the plug company caplugs sends out samples. I wanted to pass this along to anyone needing new tube plugs that may have lost theirs or wants to do this mod. You select sample on this screen and add to cart. You have to create an account but they don't ask for a credit card or anything. I think they send out 1 to 3 samples with each size. I ordered a set of CCF - 1 3/4 /14-20 for the top tube and what ya'll need to replace the stock end caps and a set of 1 1/2 /14-20 for the lower tube. I added a note to the order asking to please have two samples of each size sent. We will see what shows up.

I'll report back if this all works and hopefully include a picture because I know that request is coming, you dogs :).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks good. Now just buy a spare front and rear axle and buy a 27mm socket. Haha

·
Registered
725 Posts
^ so no lift just arch froward arms?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts