PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
761 - 780 of 794 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a new owner of a 2016 ranger 570-4 crew EPS. I have installed the MMA 2.5" lift and highlifter forward arms. I went with the ITP hurricane 14" wheel and Tusk terribite 30x10x14 tires. I'm installing a KFI stealth 45 winch and some light bars this weekend. View attachment 104313
Burke, looks nice! I just bought one to and it drug like crazy at the ranch, but the ride is awesome. Did this lift change the ride for you? How much more clearance do you think you gained?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wish I would have done all the measurements before starting the build. The lift itself gave me about 2-2.5" of clearance. Then I went from a 25" tire to a 30". Some guys on here might know how much clearance that actually gives you but I'm not having any issues on the trails I ride. I would drag and high center on almost every trail I rode and I had to do something. I've hit those trails again and have plenty of clearance and places I've been stuck I have not had any issues there either. It's been nice.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I wish I would have done all the measurements before starting the build. The lift itself gave me about 2-2.5" of clearance. Then I went from a 25" tire to a 30". Some guys on here might know how much clearance that actually gives you but I'm not having any issues on the trails I ride. I would drag and high center on almost every trail I rode and I had to do something. I've hit those trails again and have plenty of clearance and places I've been stuck I have not had any issues there either. It's been nice.
Yeah you have a great setup. Nice to know a guy can do this on a midsize. Do you have any wheel spacers on the front? Do the front tires clear the tie rod ends? Stock axles still? Have you done any clutching work? I suspect you must run in low most of the time now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
No wheel spacers. I have the highlifter 2" forward arms and it clears everything. I have turned and flexed every possible way I can think of to check. I still have the stock axles and probably won't change until they break, if or when they do. I am thinking about doing a clutch kit, but to be honest I haven't noticed much difference. I will probably do the EPI clutch kit just to get as much as I can out of it. I ride packed clay, rocky, mountain trails and some creeks. I stay out of the mud and deep holes, so I don't put a lot of stress on it. I typically ride in low around here because trails are tight and we can't open it up much anyways. I do put it in high occasionally and still have a good high end speed of 48 mph. I think before I changed to this wheel and tire set up I was around 53 mph. That's one reason I went with the 570, I dont have a space large enough or open enough to really use a 900-1000; that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for the reply!! How is the ride compared to stock?
So to be clear (for a UTV Newbie) this complete set up is three changes,
MMA 2.5" lift,
2" Highlifter Forward arms
wheels and tires

Thanks again!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you for the reply!! How is the ride compared to stock?
So to be clear (for a UTV Newbie) this complete set up is three changes,
MMA 2.5" lift,
2" Highlifter Forward arms
wheels and tires

Thanks again!
It is stiffer and a little rough compared to stock. The stock ride was very smooth. With the new additions you do feel more but it won't beat you to death.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Burke, or anyone else :) I put my MMA 2.5 Lift on, and while I was in there I adjusted the spring height that is on the shock. I put it at the highest setting in the front, and think I need a spring compressor for the rear, but shouldn't be an issue. My question is did you all do this with your lifts? If you did not, is there any reason I shouldn't?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Burke, or anyone else :) I put my MMA 2.5 Lift on, and while I was in there I adjusted the spring height that is on the shock. I put it at the highest setting in the front, and think I need a spring compressor for the rear, but shouldn't be an issue. My question is did you all do this with your lifts? If you did not, is there any reason I shouldn't?
Experiment with spring preloads. Jack it up to take the weight off, and use big channel locks. ~solo mi dos centavos~

Reactions: zjohn14

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
2016 570 crew
Just installed the MMA lift, 28x10-12 ITP UltraCross R Specs and 12" STI HD beadlock wheels this weekend.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok this is the exact setup I want. I have a 2017 570 midsize, and I have been searching for what I want. What type of lift do you have? did you have to put wheels spacers and what type of offset did you by for the tire and wheel setup? thanks

761 - 780 of 794 Posts