PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 570FS, less than 400 miles. When switching from 4wd to 2wd center of switch goes dark and mode indicator blank. When switching from 2wd position to turf mode there is a loud audible click, bottom of selector switch lights and mode indicator shows 2wd and stays in 2wd. Switching back to 2wd is same, center of switch dark and no 2wd indicator

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The center of the switch doesn't light. Just turff,down and 4wd, up.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Sounds like the switch is working correctly. The switch only lights up in turf and 4x4 mode. In the center position 2 wheel mode the switch should NOT light up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that we know the center position is dark let us now refer to the latter part of the post about the mode indicator not showing 2wd while in 2wd selector position and when switching to turf mode, the loud click with mode indicator showing 2wd instead of turf mode

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Not familiar with your instrument cluster. Maybe a pic. A click from 2wd to turf is normal. Its the turf driver engaging/ disengaging. If its staying locked in 2wd after going back to turff mode, sometimes backing up a few feet helps it get back into turff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2017 570 as well with the same problem. I have about 500 miles on it. When the switch is in the down position, the dash shows 2WD. In the middle position, the dash shows 1WD or turf mode. Like the switch is wired backwards. I may try to pull the switch out and reverse a couple of wires to see if that does anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2wdoff.jpg
2wdon.jpg
I have a 2017 570 as well with the same problem. I have about 500 miles on it. When the switch is in the down position, the dash shows 2WD. In the middle position, the dash shows 1WD or turf mode. Like the switch is wired backwards. I may try to pull the switch out and reverse a couple of wires to see if that does anything.
Here's pictures. kind of hard to get the gauge and switch in the same picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts