PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy friends! This morning my boy and I went out early to ride some fun local trails and test out the machine with the new kicks. I LOVE the new wheel/tires setup - definitely increased off-road capability of the machine.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I avoided getting them on our last machine(XP900) and came home after a ride with a crack in the bottom rear plastics. Needless to say, they were ordered that same day and proactively for our new machine. Haha

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Looking good Southwest. I like your terrain. I love your tires. I got to shred on my stock tires a bit before I jump on the tires you have.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking good Southwest. I like your terrain. I love your tires. I got to shred on my stock tires a bit before I jump on the tires you have.
Thanks Max! I love this area for riding - endless - I'll never ride it all. Here's a little more footage from the same ride... BTW, I like your camo color scheme.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Good news Southwest! I have my SunF tires ordered & STI beadlocks also. Tic tock tic!... 🤗
I just couldn't wait. Clearance on trails you know. 😊

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
I have the wheels SW, tires are en route... I am looking forward to seeing the look my self.
As I only installed my front Marshall Motoart lift, I will add the rear also. I still want a level or slight nose high rig.
And then of course, my Ranger is out of commission until I get a new wiring harness - packrats chewed the heck out of it, a shame for sure. I will deal with it and get the harness changed out.
In front of the motor its completely wide open to mud, dust, and rodents. A poor design IMO.
I will have to come up with a screen mesh covering for my tank, battery & tunnel area. Studying up that right now.
Tic tock!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I’m going to figure out a blocker for our crew to stop mud as well. We had some on our 17 XP900 from ATV Guard Shop that were perfect. Idk if they make them for the NBS based on their site and would have to contact Tony.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Howdy friends! This morning my boy and I went out early to ride some fun local trails and test out the machine with the new kicks. I LOVE the new wheel/tires setup - definitely increased off-road capability of the machine.
Awesome! What size of wheels and offset is this set up? Also do you have any spacers on there?

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Southwest, to add to my above rims, I have these!
The SunF 28/10x14 tires are just tall enough over the stock 27" tires for me to be satisfied. Mount them and add air and I think they may be a tiny bit taller yet.
I am not trying to stuff the biggest tires under my rig... A 2/12" lift (more like 2" from MMA), and 1 1/2" taller tires will be a great balance for me for all around use and a little go fast here & there. Just as I did to my 570 Rzr.

The funny thing is... I only received 3 of the 4 tires. The 4th is supposed to arrive next week. Argh!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Southwest, to add to my above rims, I have these!
The SunF 28/10x14 tires are just tall enough over the stock 27" tires for me to be satisfied. Mount them and add air and I think they may be a tiny bit taller yet.
I am not trying to stuff the biggest tires under my rig... A 2/12" lift (more like 2" from MMA), and 1 1/2" taller tires will be a great balance for me for all around use and a little go fast here & there. Just as I did to my 570 Rzr.

The funny thing is... I only received 3 of the 4 tires. The 4th is supposed to arrive next week. Argh!

View attachment 131417
Same thing happened to me! 3 of the 4 arrived, then a few days later the 4th. I look forward to seeing the end effect with the rims on your rig.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have the wheels SW, tires are en route... I am looking forward to seeing the look my self.
As I only installed my front Marshall Motoart lift, I will add the rear also. I still want a level or slight nose high rig.
And then of course, my Ranger is out of commission until I get a new wiring harness - packrats chewed the heck out of it, a shame for sure. I will deal with it and get the harness changed out.
In front of the motor its completely wide open to mud, dust, and rodents. A poor design IMO.
I will have to come up with a screen mesh covering for my tank, battery & tunnel area. Studying up that right now.
Tic tock!
Wow! So the packrats got in there and chewed things up on your brand new machine?! That's awful. Yes, I agree it's interesting that it's all wide open in/under there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts