PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see basically there are 2 mounts styles available. 1st one mounts by bolts or rivets mounted to frame upright and 2nd style clamps on frame upright. Question is since I have a lock and ride Polaris glass windshield Will the clamp style work by clamping mount on with windshield installed. Is there enough of a lip left to use the clamp style.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They both use the roll over framework to go around for clamping or fastening. I have the EMP clamping style for my 50" lightbar. While I do not have the glass windshield I do have the poly and I put it in and take it out depending on the temp and or weather, so I think your going to be ok, by the way love my EMP brakets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They both use the roll over framework to go around for clamping or fastening. I have the EMP clamping style for my 50" lightbar. While I do not have the glass windshield I do have the poly and I put it in and take it out depending on the temp and or weather, so I think your going to be ok, by the way love my EMP brakets.
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it! I ordered the clamp style that people say originated from tractor supply. They should arrive in a few more days and we will know. Take care and be safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it! I ordered the clamp style that people say originated from tractor supply. They should arrive in a few more days and we will know. Take care and be safe.
Well it did not work out due to the lip was to shallow for clamp mount to hold because a polaris glass windshield and rubber seal takes Up to much area. However alternate solution was go to a rivet style mount. So took outside part of this mount and drilled two 3/16” holes in so I could rivet to inside of door jam like other mounting hardware on the market. Lined up bracket where I wanted it located then drilled through bracket into frame with 3/16” drill bit and installed 3/16” rivet with 1/2” depth. Came out solid like a rock and works great. Still like this light mount because it allows you to use the light mounting hardware that comes with led light.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
47 Posts
Well it did not work out due to the lip was to shallow for clamp mount to hold because a polaris glass windshield and rubber seal takes Up to much area. However alternate solution was go to a rivet style mount. So took outside part of this mount and drilled two 3/16” holes in so I could rivet to inside of door jam like other mounting hardware on the market. Lined up bracket where I wanted it located then drilled through bracket into frame with 3/16” drill bit and installed 3/16” rivet with 1/2” depth. Came out solid like a rock and works great. Still like this light mount because it allows you to use the light mounting hardware that comes with led light.
Did you remove the glass before trying to install the EMP brackets? The ones I installed I agree that the seal seems to fill the frame to the point where that bracket might not appear to work, but removing the glass was all it took for me. On the first one I installed the glass was off to one side by a quarter inch or so and that magnified the appearance that it wouldnt fit. Removed glass mounted brackets and then the light. Snugged everything up and sprayed soapy water on the seal where it would rub against the EMP brackets and it slid right in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you remove the glass before trying to install the EMP brackets? The ones I installed I agree that the seal seems to fill the frame to the point where that bracket might not appear to work, but removing the glass was all it took for me. On the first one I installed the glass was off to one side by a quarter inch or so and that magnified the appearance that it wouldnt fit. Removed glass mounted brackets and then the light. Snugged everything up and sprayed soapy water on the seal where it would rub against the EMP brackets and it slid right in.
Yes took glass out to check if I could find the clearance what I found there was no clearance. The windshield just fit tight in frame there was no moving to either side. Thanks for the input would of been nice to have seen a youtube of installing led brackets on Rangers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes took glass out to check if I could find the clearance what I found there was no clearance. The windshield just fit tight in frame there was no moving to either side. Thanks for the input would of been nice to have seen a youtube of installing led brackets on Rangers.
EMP bracket + Polaris OEM glass windshield worked perfect for me.
1617798323191.png

1 - 7 of 7 Posts