PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ranger had been running bad for last year, symptoms were 1. Hard to start when cold (I know it's efi but for some reason had to pump gas peddle once for it to start) 2. When it started would stay revved at 1800-2000 rpm until you revved it to 3500 or so or restarted) 3. After running let off throttle it would die off - the fix was a new battery, I figured if it had enough juice to turn it over and crank it then it should run but not the case. Sorry for the long post but maybe it will help someone. Now it cranks with bump of key and runs great again.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up, Mike! Weak batteries surely can and do cause a bunch of problems!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yeah these new computer ran vehicles and buggys will run stupid if it doesn't have enough voltage getting to it. As bad as I hate carbs, I wish they would all go back to them

·
Registered
131 Posts
The last day of elk season my son and I got ready to go and the ranger would turn over and not start. When we got back to KS it started right up and I put it away. Over the next few days I messed with it . Some days it would turn over and start and some days it would turn over and not start. One day I put the charger on and it started every time. I put a new Batt in and it has started every time. I figured that as long as the batt had enough power to turn it over it would start. I figured wrong.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great advice here. May I ask what battery you decided to replace it with. Mines crapping out as I type this. reply. :/

Eric

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
If.you are looking for a stock size replacement go ahead and get a Odessy 925. Way more power and fits in stock location.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a Big Crank battery from battery mart on amazon. I don't know anything about em but had good reviews and supposed to be made in USA so gave it a shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts