PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else thinks the top end seems a bit loud...(talking about the sound of the lifters, or whatever is in there clinking)
My machine is brand new, it has oil, and is running great...But it just seems loud. I have heard form others, that it's normal on the Polaris...

Do the valves/lifters need to be adjusted? or is it just normal, like others have said??

If i put on louder exhaust, will that take away from the sound i am hearing maybe? (the exhaust is so quiet, that it seems like you just hear the motor internals running...)

Just curious what other might have to say about this...

Thanks.

·
Registered
740 Posts
That may help I have exhaust on mine and I can't hear a darn thing. :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else thinks the top end seems a bit loud...(talking about the sound of the lifters, or whatever is in there clinking)
My machine is brand new, it has oil, and is running great...But it just seems loud. I have heard form others, that it's normal on the Polaris...

Do the valves/lifters need to be adjusted? or is it just normal, like others have said??

If i put on louder exhaust, will that take away from the sound i am hearing maybe? (the exhaust is so quiet, that it seems like you just hear the motor internals running...)

Just curious what other might have to say about this...

Thanks.
I have a 2020 ranger 500 and I've been dealing with a loud knock at around 4300 rpms to 4800, I have contacted Polaris on the issue myself and I was told to take it to the dealer where I bought it from to have it checked so now I'm just waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 ranger 500 and I've been dealing with a loud knock at around 4300 rpms to 4800, I have contacted Polaris on the issue myself and I was told to take it to the dealer where I bought it from to have it checked so now I'm just waiting to hear back.
What they say? Mine does same thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What they say? Mine does same thing.
It's been there twice and they have tore the motor down and can't find anything wrong. Basically told me to break the motor and Polaris would replace it. Just don't sink it in mud or water and don't run it low on oil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive had mine in shop too. They Said its fine. I figured same thing. Run it till it pukes let them fix it. Crazy that's only way to fix it. Thanks for replying back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts