PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stressing out about this code. Once the engine light came on I never noticed really a decline in performance but I wasn’t going fast or anything. Just cruising. Once I did some research I noticed It could be the o2 sensor. Ordered one from Amazon and installed it but still no change. Light is on and that’s when I notice the bike starts and idles fine but mid to high throttle it’s real sluggish and non responsive. Just orders a Polaris o2 sensor and it’ll be in in a few days. In the meantime I Checked the fuel pump and ran a pressure test on it and was getting 59 psi while idling and while in neutral I gave it some throttle pretty good and never saw a decline. Pulled the arrestor off and cleaned it. Clean fuel filter. I did not ohm or know how to test the fuel injectors. Anyone have these problems? My ranger is a base model 1000 sohc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not although I did buy it second hand with 50 hrs and 300 miles. I was told it was just for cruising and I believe it cause there is no sign of hard use. I’m just curious about the o2 sensor. Would it only turn off the engine light or would it make it run better as well. Like does a bad o2 sensor make the bike run bad?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts