PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to provide some feedback on my 2015 Polaris Ranger 570 crew. As for side by sides, I’m not new to them having owned a Kawasaki Mule 610, Polaris Ranger 800 and Polaris Ranger 570. I really enjoyed the Polaris Ranger 800, great power, smooth and just wanted the extra carrying capacity and narrow stance given my property. To address those issues, I purchased a 2014 Polaris Ranger 570 crew, sage green and enjoyed the machine greatly. A few months ago, I had the chance to drive a EPS unit and was sold given my woods/conditions and thus traded the 2014 in for a 2015 Polaris Ranger 570 crew. In my view, there are some nice improvements on the 2015 Polaris Ranger crew. 1) As expected, I enjoy the EPS unit and would not envision going back to a non-power steering unit again, a very nice feature to experience in long trail riding; 2) The roll bar design/frame is well designed and look forward to adding doors to the unit; 3) The 2014 was NOT underpowered, but the 2015 (perhaps the dual overhead cam addition?) is smoother and noticeably more responsive; 4) Added storage under the rear seat is nice, but the plastic box should not be placed over the battery for it would be a challenge to deal with a battery issue on the 2015 vs. 2014 and 5) Like the 2014, the new one is incredibly fuel efficient and that’s important to me on some of our all day riding with no need to carry additional fuel while riding. I believe Polaris nailed this unit with great power, available sizes (full or midsize) and overall relative value. ranger crew.jpg

Reactions: Clover13

·
Registered
616 Posts
Like Alloutdoors, I have the 2015 570 Crew EPS and love it. I got the midsize for some of the trails that we can ride up here in the mountains. The full size would have more utility for firewood hauling which I do, but if the trail won't allow you to get to the firewood, what's the point? The downside of the 570 midsize crew is lack of available rear poly doors. I currently have mine set up with just the front doors, windshield, roof, and a plastic divider between the seats for winter time plowing. My driveway is about a 600' vertical climb within a little less than 1/4 mile and am very please with the power to plow uphill with the 570.

570 side with db.jpg 570 door and db.jpg

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice set up!
Thanks much. Actually, Alloutdoors gave me the idea of just closing in the front seat for winter plowing. This maybe all I ever do as the backseat won't have passengers until early summer for trips up in the mountains.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts