PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get my first Polaris product! I am located in St Louis, MO and am now on the hunt for a good price. I am pretty much willing to drive anywhere within reason to pick her up to save a buck too. This being said I am interested to find out what you guys have been seeing on an OTD price for a green 570 FS. Bone stock with no adders like roof or glass. Any help or places to look would be great!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got excellent prices from Offroad Powersports in GA, Shoals in AL, but Abernathy's in TN had the others beat by about $200. Take the best quote you can get to your local dealer. If they really want to sell a machine, they will match the price.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Call Chris Ball at Ball Equipment. He is one of our sponsors here, has great pricing and service, and has sold machines to PRC members all over this country. He does ship.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, STL sucks for deals. I had to buy every ATV I had out of the area. Darn shame if you ask me. I was at a dealer today and it's running 11,100 OTD for a camo 570 FS with no extras. Then I get to pay sales tax! Needless to say no thanks and will be going out of state!

·
Registered
49 Posts
What do you lose by going out of state? Just local dealer friendliness due to an outside sale? I assume they are obligated to support you as a dealer, but I've heard Polaris Customer Service isn't the greatest...so is breaking the dealer relationship an issue at all? Or do you guys tend to just service your own rides unless you need warranty or absolutely require dealer service?

·
Registered
133 Posts
My local dealer matched the best out of state price. But I won't use him for service... their service department is worthless. Fortunately, there's a smaller dealership a little farther away that has an excellent service department. I always heard that dealerships make more money from their service departments and used vehicle sales than they do on the new machines. Believe me... the only "relationship" most of them have is with your wallet.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am going with the Camo base 570 FS for sure now. In MO there is no registering of the UTV for yearly personal property tax. If I buy in TN do I pay TN sales tax as I reside in MO. If no tax in TN will I need to pay it in MO?

·
Registered
973 Posts
I am going with the Camo base 570 FS for sure now. In MO there is no registering of the UTV for yearly personal property tax. If I buy in TN do I pay TN sales tax as I reside in MO. If no tax in TN will I need to pay it in MO?
I think were you might get hung up is during the registration process. That is, when purchased in TN and then titled in MO, the state will likely look at collecting sales taxes when you get it titled.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.