PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to post up a few pictures and details on my install. I installed a Superwinch Terra45 with a KFI wide mount plate (the Terra 45 requires the wider plate). I didn't do anything out of the norm but I did switch the blue and yellow wires that are supposed to attach to the winch for the red and black. I wanted to put my solenoid under the hood and this allowed me to do so without cutting or buying wire. It makes no difference as long as you keep your colors straight.

A couple of things that will save you grief with this install. Make sure you put the carriage bolts through the bracket and into the enclose grille cover before you do anything. This has to be done before you mount the winch to the plate. Also...make sure you attach your winch leads before you install the winch to the bracket. It makes it much easier to tighten the lugs.

Here are a few pics:

Wide shot of under the hood:

Close shot of where I mounted my solenoid. I cut the bracket out of a piece of scrap aluminum and attached with self tapping screws:

Wiring coming in under the seat:

Wiring heading over to the battery:

Battery hookup:

Close up of the circuit breaker-Wrapped in black tape and then finished off with that wrap on rubber tape that melts (don't know the proper name):

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanted to attach the switch to my shifting lever but was not happy with the way it turned out. I settled for this location:

Remote socket location:

Finished product:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am ready to drag logs now.....I will post in this thread later when I finish the rest of this project, my deer loading apparatus. :biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts