PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 570 eps. Every time I Google search the axles only full size 570 comes up. I was also wandering if these axles cross with any other midsize model. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The mid size 570 axles are definitely out there...key search words..."mid size". I'm not 100% but some of the information I've come across recently leaves me to believe that the mid size 500 and mid size 800 axles may fit the mid size 570 but don't quote me on that just yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The mid size 570 axles are definitely out there...key search words..."mid size". I'm not 100% but some of the information I've come across recently leaves me to believe that the mid size 500 and mid size 800 axles may fit the mid size 570 but don't quote me on that just yet.
I too am looking for a front axle replacement. I see that superatv offers one, but after you add it to the cart its says it is for a 500. I called them and they said it will not work on the 570 midsize crew. Does anyone know if this is true? Mine is a 2014.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well they seem to fit fine. From what I can tell highlifter lists the same axles for the 570 and 500. So I can't see why the rhinos would be different. I have rhino axles, satv style front lift and ev springs. Not sure if that makes a difference in fitment, never tried it without the lift.

·
Registered
204 Posts
midsize 570 front axles are the same as all other midsize front axles. I ordered 2 fronts for mine for a 500. fit fine. only the rears changed on the 570.

Reactions: SiPPMSH

·
Registered
9 Posts
907ranger and luckyj are yours both 2014 midsize 570 crew? If so, I am going to try the one from superatv even though they told me it would not work. I have spoken with at least 3 different people there at superatv and they all say it will not work.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well I ordered a Rhino Brand Axle from SuperATV this morning that they state fits the Mid-Size Ranger 500s and 800s but not the Mid Size 570s...it should be in tomorrow so once I've had a chance to try and get it installed I'll report back whether or not it fits my machine (ie. 2014 Polaris Ranger 570, 2-Seater, Mid-Size).

·
Registered
533 Posts
So, as promised I am reporting back my findings and unfortunately they are not good. Late last week I ordered a Rhino Brand Axle that was designed to fit a 2010+ Polaris Ranger 500 Mid Size with plans to install it on my 2014 Polaris Ranger 570 Mid Size but it wasn't long enough and after 5 attempts, 3 different ways I gave up. My bike has a SATV-style strut lift kit, with EV Springs, and High Lifter Forward, Arched A-Arms. Plain and simple, the CVs were fine as far as clearance and capable angle but the axle shaft needed to be at least 1" longer in overall length to work with my setup. Each of the 5 attempts looked good until I started to tighten down the axle/hub nut and each time I did, the inner CV would pull out of the differential. This was not an issue with the stock axle which worked just fine until the boot tore, ultimately leading to the outer CV components, deteriorating due to constant exposure to mud and water.

If you are running on stock or near stock suspension I could see where these axles may work for you but anything outside of that ain't gonna cut it. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thank your for being the guinea pig for the rest of us. Are you going to keep the cups and order extended axle bars from Rhino? Should be reasonably priced.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thank your for being the guinea pig for the rest of us. Are you going to keep the cups and order extended axle bars from Rhino? Should be reasonably priced.
lol Nah, I don't have the time nor the patience; I've already sent it back and ordered a High Lifter DHT axle...which I should have done in the first place but hey, who doesn't want to save a little money?!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow sorry it didn't work out for you. When I added my satv style front lift my factory axles were too short. The rhinos have extra play even when at full droop. Weird since we both have 2014 570s.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wow sorry it didn't work out for you. When I added my satv style front lift my factory axles were too short. The rhinos have extra play even when at full droop. Weird since we both have 2014 570s.
lol Yeah me too! I just got off the phone with my rep from SuperATV and I explained the whole situation to him. Of course he's offering me a full refund (minus the cost of return shipping) to send the axle back but we went on to talk about some additional possibilities...like, had my suspension been 100% stock I'm certain that the Rhino Brand axle would have worked perfectly. Also, and this idea comes from the additional information provided by my Polaris rep, since the 2015s suspension is approximately 1" wider and Rhino Brand Axles are already being manufactured for these units, in the event that you have a 2014 model with an altered front suspension (ie. Lift Kit, Lift Springs, and Forward A-Arms), maybe the 2015 model, Rhino Brand Axles would work (again assuming that they too are at least 1" wider).

·
Registered
85 Posts
The older 800 midsize axles will work in a 14' 570. The axle change didn't take effect until 15'.

Why yours didn't work I'm not sure but I have replaced them on a bike with 2.5 motoart lift, 3/4" pucks, and satv forward arms. Curios if you happen to be the odd ball 14' that ended up with 15' front end parts?

·
Registered
204 Posts
that's weird. my were for a 500 and fit mine just fine. were the circlips good on the end of the axle? mine were shit outta the box. put some good ones on and no problems since.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The older 800 midsize axles will work in a 14' 570. The axle change didn't take effect until 15'.

Why yours didn't work I'm not sure but I have replaced them on a bike with 2.5 motoart lift, 3/4" pucks, and satv forward arms. Curios if you happen to be the odd ball 14' that ended up with 15' front end parts?
Actually Brute the Mid Size axles were changed in 2014 and then again in 2015...I know the axle shafts were lengthened in 2015 but I don't know if that's the case for the 2014s and if not, God only knows what else they changed!

Additionally, the fact that you installed them successfully on a machine running SuperATV's forward A-Arms may also have something to do with it. What did the bike's camber look like before and after installing the replacement axle(s)? I'm running High Lifter Forward, Arched A-Arms which actually measure longer than SuperATVs arms. It's because of the additional length of the HL arms that I don't have any camber issues...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts