PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna pull the trigger on a new Full size, just still debating the 900 or a 570. I like the price of a 570 but really like the performance of the 900.
Test drove a 900 today, they didn't have the 570 set up yet so I didn't drive that one. Anyone else on the fence or were and what led you to one or the other?

It will be for plowing a little snow, trail riding, and a bit of farm work.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Almost identical except for the engine. The 570 is not gonna have the put you in the back of the seat feel as the 900. It will do everything you are wanting to doand get alot better fuel mileage as the 900. The 900 has the power to play if you get bored with the farm work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 08 Teyx now that does all I need it to, seems like the 570 will be similar power wise to that due to the newer technology. But the 900 sure was a beast today.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree with Bradley, both machines will have adequate power to do what you are looking for. It really comes down to whether or not you want a lot of power to spare and have a little extra money to pay for it. I am confident you will not be disappointed with either choice. I have a mid size 570, and keep up with the "big boys" without an issue when trail riding up to 30 mph. If we get into an open space, well that's a horse of another color, but I can maneuver through tight wooded trails much quicker than they can.

Again, it all boils down to what your personal preferences and uses will be. JM2C

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have a midsize 570 and its a great engine in the mid size but if you're going full size then go with the 900. And get eps, I totally regret not getting at feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
My vote goes to the 900.

·
Registered
187 Posts
900 all the way, I can't imagine having less power...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was thinking the same question last week. Decided that 900 was better and bought it. I test drove the 570 full size with the eps the 900 was significantly more quiet. Major reason I bought it! The 900 I bought also had EBS stock which I am very pleased with( really helps going down steep hills)

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
It depends on your use really. The 570 will have more than enough power for everyone but the hardcore, big tire crowd. We were smoking Rhinos on the trails with our old 500 Rangers and the extra power of the 570 will more than make up for the weight difference. If I were buying a Ranger today, I would look at the fullsize 570 first. Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Will, waiting on the local place to call me when the 570 they got in is ready to test drive. Loved the 900
I drove the other day, but I'd like to drive the 570 as well before making a decision.

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
Great that you could make yourself wait, I struggle with that. Ha! Let us know what you think about it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The new 570 engine/transmission combo are very efficient and put out lots of power for there size. The problem these days is people hearing the 570 size not being capable of getting the job done. In actuallity these new 570 engines put out more power than the 800 big bore engines did and get a heck of a lot better fuel mileage. Do t let the 570 discourage you. Drive them both and see if the 900 is worth the extra 2000$

·
Registered
352 Posts
In addition to Ur other considerations u should read my post on the two bikes. I wrote something earlier this week

·
Registered
621 Posts
WOW that's a deal !

·
Registered
269 Posts
Where is that dealer located? That is a good price!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts