PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 2018 570-4 im wanting to wire up some reverse lights....has anyone done this?? if so where do i tap in at??

thanks!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Keep it simple....reverse lights wired in to shifter position only come on when in reverse.

Just wire in a rear facing LED flood cube light and mount on the ROLPs...having a switch to turn on means you can use it for many purposes.

I use mine to field dress deer and to see when backing or loading up firewood.

I suggest getting the pod flood and not the spot light.....it lights up everything, including the cargo area

·
Registered
232 Posts
I agree 100% with install with a switch. Recent thread on here (past 3 weeks) covers this topic well. I installed LED cube lights from Tractor Supply, controlled by dash switch. Mounted mine under the rear of the bed. Will probably mount two more on same switch and mount to rear of roof to better light up cargo area as well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
One more piece of advise : If you use the reverse beeper wiring it is good practice to use a Bosch style relay and make sure it is fused. Other wise you will discover that they will glow dim when not in reverse and machine shut off.
I prefer that it is switched when in reverse for the simple fact that I plow at night and really do not want to manually switch them on every time I back up and I don;t like them on all the time.
I have 2) small 2x2 single LED cubes mounted low under the tail gate and they light up the darkness just fine

·
Registered
232 Posts
One more piece of advise : If you use the reverse beeper wiring it is good practice to use a Bosch style relay and make sure it is fused. Other wise you will discover that they will glow dim when not in reverse and machine shut off.
I prefer that it is switched when in reverse for the simple fact that I plow at night and really do not want to manually switch them on every time I back up and I don;t like them on all the time.
I have 2) small 2x2 single LED cubes mounted low under the tail gate and they light up the darkness just fine
One could also wire the circuit to do both. You could power a standard Bosch relay (with a fuse) , and use reverse input to ground relay AND for those times where you want light behind vehicle when not in reverse...use a dash mounted switch to ground relay. Now you have reverse lights that come on every time you put it in reverse, or you can also simply turn on those same lights with a switch. I use my lights a LOT when I’m not in reverse. To load cargo, stack firewood etc, etc,.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I understand what you are saying with reverse lighting while snow plowing....we dont have snow but can see where theres much backing involved.

I will say, the lighting I use the most is the dome light. Very convenient and mine is switched by a single toggle at the dome light...also use it to see what I'm switching on at the switch panel as its confusing at night.

I have the standard headlight low/high, 4wd/rear diff 3way, front corner facing cube LEDs, front led bar light, rear flood led and front/rear accessory 3way switch for corn spreader or spray rig.

I usually flip the single dome light toggle to see what I'm turning on...only issue with auto backup light is it's coming on in daytime too and when you dont want it on, but I dont want bright white coming on everytime i back up while hog hunting.

Guess it depends on your preference and most common use

1 - 8 of 8 Posts