PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the BA 2 inch lift a arms that also move the wheels forward. I put 29s on afterward. Do I need steering stops or "limiting straps" not real sure what either is. Can someone help me?! Thanks!

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Steering stops prevent you from turning your wheels TOO fart left or right. That can break a CV, especially if you're on the throttle hard in AWD. I won't say you don't need them, but I've never used them. Just try to limit left and right hard turns when under medium throttle or higher while in AWD.....and especially so in reverse.

Limiter straps prevent your suspension from dropping TOO far down, which can create more angle than the stock CV's can handle. They are a good idea when running a lift of more than 2", but I wouldn't bother with limit straps on the 2" lift. If you had 3" or more, then I would consider them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool. Thanks man. Appreciate all the stuff you bring to the board!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh wow. I bought my year pass two weeks ago. I will def holler next my crew will be up there. I usually ride with a 660 rhino and then my other two buddies have rzr 1000s. I can't go sat , got plans for valentines day. Thanks for invite and def will be in contact next time I go. What trails do y'all like? They've really cracked down on the alcohol policy there. Hell I've been going there for about 12 years I love it.

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
I grew up riding around there and Royal Blue......back in the days when there was no such thing as needing a permit.

No real preference about the trails. We try to mix them up and not get burnt out on any particular area. I guess one of my favorite loops is 1, 2, 16, 18, 28, 29, 30, 31 (if anyone is brave enough), and 32. We like to go out to Caryville Flats too.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I dont have stops or straps on mine. No issues. Go easy on that right foot and you will be fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also don't have the steering stops installed(still sitting on the shelf in the garage).im still running the stock axles in the front. I've put 400 miles on it since doing my build, haven't had any issues yet. I did see a few subjects where members where shaving the plastic stops down to increase turning radius. As for right now I'm going to leave them out, trails around here have to many tight corners.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.