PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have made the speaker pods out of pvc pipe caps. Did you use the thin wall vent pipe caps or the sch. 40. There is a big price difference in them here is why I ask the thin wall are around 6$ and the schd. 40 are 20. So I would like to use the cheaper ones if possible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For those of you that have made the speaker pods out of pvc pipe caps. Did you use the thin wall vent pipe caps or the sch. 40. There is a big price difference in them here is why I ask the thin wall are around 6$ and the schd. 40 are 20. So I would like to use the cheaper ones if possible.
Don't know anything about building speakers but I noticed the last time I bought Sch 40 over at our Home Depot they had 2' over by the fitting if you don't need an entire stick and should save you some $.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You have to use the sch 40 unfortunately. I built a set of split tubes when I had my grizzly. You can't use just the caps, you need a stick of sch 40 as well to put in the caps to give you enough material to put your screws.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts