PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PRC Sponsor
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few people have asked about front and rear lifts for 6x6's. So I borrowed a buddy's '05 6x6 and went to work on it.[:D] The front went as planned but the rear was a problem. I put the same lift on the rear axle the '04's and earlier use. Then I unhooked the shock from the mid axle only to have the driveshaft contact the frame [xx(]. It is possible to lift that axle but I didn't think my freind wanted me to notch and weld his frame to clear the shaft.[:0] If it was mine I would of continued with cutting the frame[}:)].
So unless you need more lift in the rear the front lift ONLY is all I have for a 6x6.[:(]

The guys that have the front lift really like the way they steer and the added clearance in front.

This is how the machine appears stock.

Not a very good pic but this is just front lift installed, the one I will sell will have a little more front lift to it.

Front view before;

Pic with front lift installed.

Last pic with rear axle lift installed. Notice how mid axle barely touches the ground.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello
I have a 04 6x6 would love to lift this rig. would like to buy front lift, but would like to know more about the rear lift you started on. Would it be hard to do? Would it lift both axle's? I have 12 x12 x26" on rear 10 x 12 x 26" on front, if you have any info to share please do so.
thank you
Randy

·
PRC Sponsor
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Randy, most guys are pleased with the front lift on a 6X6. You can lift the rear axle but not the mid one so that leaves the mid tires almost touching the ground. Most just go with the front lift and report easier steering and less turf torn up. If you are handy with wrenches the front lift is not hard to install, it comes with detailed instructions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts