PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First PRC post...new member. Great information in this forum! Thank you!

I bought a 2006, (12/2005 VIN) Ranger 700 XP and I want to confirm that I understand the conversion parts necessary for the 800 conversion. I have found a 2006 800 EFI Sportsman that a friend is parting out and I am gathering parts off of it for my 700 build.

I assume I need the engine, 800 throttle body, and the SP 800 ECU. Am I missing anything?. Once i take my parts off the Sportsman, it is heading to the scrap yard. From researching the forum, I also assume that I will lose the turf mode once I install the 800 and SP800 ECU in my ranger?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
bow, this is all I know about that ............ you will lose turf mode and you will need the complete wire harness from the 800.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only reason I was considering the 800 conversion is that I need to rebuild the 700. If I am rebuilding, based on what I have read on the forum, I just thought it may be better to go with the 800. I know it is an old machine, but it seems many people people did this conversion back in the day...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Assuming you spend the same money for the rebuilds, the rebuilt 700 is more reliable than the rebuilt 800?

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
So many problems with 800's... HEAT, oil pressure relief , HEAT , cooked seats, HEAT, cooked arses, HEAT..
Did I mention HEAT ? Maybe a good fuel controller would remedy a lot that ...

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
ok, here is the 2006 700 other side.............. It has problems with the power distribution module (PDM). That silver box with fins under the hood. A new one is 3-4 hun and they last about three years BUT you can have one rebuilt for $150.00 @ MODULE MASTERS and they will give you a FIVE year warranty.

Once you change the TBAP harness to a HD from www.onlythebestpowersports.com and get a new OEM TPS and a good TPS harness and remove the black canister filter over the fuel pump in the CLEAN gas tank and replace it with a 3" piece of submersible rated fuel line.....put an inline filter after the tank ... you should be good to go elk hunting for many seasons. New throttle body adapter......plug wires ,air filter.....no worries....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you! As you might imagine...I have a 51 and 52 code....

Great information...ordered new TBAP harness this morning. After a few small maint. issues, cosmetic issues and the overhaul...I will be good to go! Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Injector codes.......Most likely from low fuel pressure from a plugged/cracked in tank canister filter and/or a shot out pump....Here is where I get the fuel line to replace the canister filter in the tank. Get that thing out of there or you will be walking sooner than later . Walbro SUBMERSIBLE Fuel Line 5/16" hose SAE J30R10 | eBay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts