PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a 2000-2004 ranger strut to compare to a 2005+ strut? It seems that it would be a good upgrade for the older modles to gain 1.75" of front travel.

Orion

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or does someone have a bent or damaged 2005+ strut they would sell to me or they could just measure? The local parts stores are about useless.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Are you talking about the strut body / bearing carrier or just the shock? I have the strut bod out of mine right no to replace the wheel bearings and ball joints. Let me know what measurement that you need. I'm putting it all back together in the morning.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
bigo1966 said:
Were you able to get some measurments?
Sorry bud. I got caught up in replacing way more parts than I anticipated and didn't get it completed last night as I intended to. I worked until dark in the rain trying to get it done and didn't have time to get the measurement.....and I've been deer scouting all day today. I'll finish it up in the morning and get the measurement before I put the last strut back on. Sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Orion, will they fit?? This could be good news for others if so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to compare tonight. I still need to get mine torn apart. What I did notice is that my down travel is limited by the axle hitting my a-arm. When I took the nut off the top of the strut it dropped about 2" then the axle made contact with the a-arm. So that's kind of a bummer. I do know the stock 2000 strut will not let it hit when it is properly assembeled. If this is the case with the 05+ strut i feel it would would only rub at full droop, I think it would still be fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 5/8 by 11.5" long. I am 99% sure it would fit but I think the axle will rub at full droop.

Too bad no one here has an old used pair they would sell.

When I upgrade ill post it up.

Orion

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 5/8 by 11.5" long. I am 99% sure it would fit but I think the axle will rub at full droop.

Too bad no one here has an old used pair they would sell.

When I upgrade ill post it up.

Orion
So it’s been a few years and I’ve found this post cause I’m in need of 2 7041784 but you never filled us in on your upgrade

1 - 13 of 13 Posts