PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the 72" Denali Pro plow on my '11 800 and after adjusting shocks to outer setting and adjusting the skids so the wear edge barely scrapes the surface the setup seems good. Plowed twice now (love the plow) and have two questions:

1) When plowing are you dropping the plow completely (slack winch strap) and letting the full weight of the plow slide along the driveway (or keeping some tension on the winch to keep some plow weight on the wheels vs. the skids/wear bar)? Reason I ask is after only two storms plowing my 150ft concrete driveway my skids are wearing down really quickly (I've been dropping the plow completely to get the best clearing on the driveway) so guessing they aren't designed to take the full weight of the plow assy when plowing across concrete. At this rate I'll need to replace them monthly (or figure out some other slide mechanism to avoid chewing up the wear edge too badly when plowing).

2) What setting do you run for the vertical angle of the plow? I initially started with the largest side of the 4-way adjuster blocks (blade tilted forward) but that loads up the front of the skids pretty badly and is contributing to the premature wear on the skids. What does the vertical angle adjustment do? Seems the adjustment range is pretty small so would be surprised if it really did much to how to the snow rolls off the plow.

Thanks in advance for the advice.....I appreciate it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have always used the full weight of the plow the better models even apply down force. Sounds like the wear parts are your problem not made of a hard steel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The adjustable skids should be for gravel drive ways so u don't push all the rock and gravel of the road not concrete drive ways

·
Registered
203 Posts
Pete2001 - So no need to run skid shoes on concrete or paved surfaces?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I raised the shoes and plowed with the wear bar only the plow catches/kicks back/trips badly (even with springs tightened down). Its a brand new setup so maybe the wear bar just has to break in some and wear the leading edge down so its doesn't catch. Driveway is a fresh pour with a pretty aggressive broom finish to provide some traction help when things are slick. I'll give it a try without the shoes.....thx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts