PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my husband, was backing up the ranger and both lights came on.

Tried the suggestion of driving above 3500 rpms for a few minutes. Turned engine off and back on...still has lights on.
I've read it could be a speed sensor.

Just bought this in June and about 440 miles on it. Not happy about this at all!!!

Is there a place to check power steering fluid? Could that be whats wrong?

Is speed sensor expensive to replace? My husband is a great mechanic and has worked on all kinds of engines. Could we buy this part and fix it ourself...saving the expense of hauling it 50 miles and of course labor costs?

Would it help to unplug the battery?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Today my husband, was backing up the ranger and both lights came on.

Tried the suggestion of driving above 3500 rpms for a few minutes. Turned engine off and back on...still has lights on.
I've read it could be a speed sensor.

Just bought this in June and about 440 miles on it. Not happy about this at all!!!

Is there a place to check power steering fluid? Could that be whats wrong?

Is speed sensor expensive to replace? My husband is a great mechanic and has worked on all kinds of engines. Could we buy this part and fix it ourself...saving the expense of hauling it 50 miles and of course labor costs?

Would it help to unplug the battery?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
I would suggest putting the unit on a battery charger overnight and see if the problem is solved after a full charge. The power steering is electronic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.