PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been considering purchasing a lock and ride full cab with glass windshield for my 900 XP, but unfortunatly, I cannot purchase it all at once, so I was looking at buying it one piece at a time. I am now wondering if there is better priced options that I can get, I want the option to be able to remove the full windshield and doors during summer and put a half windshield on, but I don't think I want doors at all except winter time. Does anyone have other options I should look into? I don't mind if its not as easy to remove as lock and ride, as long as I can still remove it without a ton of work. Thanks

·
Registered
621 Posts
For a full hard cab everything starts at about the same price ($3,000) as far as I know. Cheapest FULL soft cab enclosure I've seen was priced at about $260

·
Registered
125 Posts
im buying mine one piece at a time ordered the roof then the glass windshield and today just ordered the glass rear panel next purchase will be the solid doors

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have any suggestions on cabs or components that fit together well? Also, I was wanting glass windshield, but how are the poly carbonites?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea that's my initial thought, but I will only run the full windshield and doors for maybe 4 months a year, our winters aren't that bad. Just curious if the poly would hold up OK for just road plowing and trips thru woods to cut firewood. I just don't know how well other brands cab components fit together.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2013 900 xp with the complete cab system. I have all glass windows a friend of mine owns a dealership and the poly are nice but the ones i have seen come back to his place have alot of scratches and they cant come out. I have hit and had alot of things rub next to my windows and have no scratches at all. I would recommend glass

·
Registered
72 Posts
I used a poly carb (Lexan--the best I could get) last winter, and I'll never do it again. Because of having to scrape off frost, the windshield was so scratched by spring I couldn't see on a bright day. I'm a cheap prick when it comes to paying the accessory scammers, but I bought a lock and ride glass windshield, and love it so far. I can't believe that there are no knock off doors, roofs, etc from China for utvs. I wouldn't buy a chinese winch or electronics, but body parts should be fine.
IMG_0903.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts