PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me how much it will raise my '13 900 XP if I move my shocks to the outside mount bracket? Will it make much difference to the ride?

thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a 2" lift with shocks in outer holes with springs turned up. I have homemade roll cage on box and haul my 2 125lb dogs around in back of ranger. Found the ride a little harsher with lift and shocks in outer holes but less front end diving in corners. Not quite as plush a rider but not bad

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks guys--I'll just leave it then, as I don't have any problem packing around 3 people, 2 big dogs and another 100 lbs or so of junk the way it is--

·
Registered
694 Posts
That was one of the first things I did on my Ranger when it came home. Ride height increased a little more than an Inch. Ride comfort was SLIGHTLY more firm. Steering was improved.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It bumps it up about an inch or so by moving them out. I didn't notice the stiffness too much, as I don't ride to fast.

·
Super Moderator
6,838 Posts
can anyone tell me how much it will raise my '13 900 XP if I move my shocks to the outside mount bracket? Will it make much difference to the ride?

thanks
If you move the shocks to the outside holes it will raise your unit approximately 1 inch. But there are variables to this, depending on which unit you have, there are two different spring rates F/R for the XP. And the additional weight of the accessories will play a part in this as well.
I moved mine to the outside, I have less body roll and seems more stable when driving.

I gained apprx 1/2 to 5/8 inches of lift.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I gained over an inch on my 2013 900xp, but I wound the shocks up to the upper notch as well. I noticed the ride was a little stiffer, but for our dirt road rides, it wasn't a big deal.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,838 Posts
I also moved my shocks out to give it a try. When doing so I noted that the two upper mount holes are in the same arc such that they are equidistant from the lower shock mount. There certainly is no lift coming from lowering the top of the shock. It is interesting how much lift others are achieving by this change. I would not expect the tiny bit of extra leverage the spring has on the arm in the outer position would net an inch of lift. And indeed in my case it was not even close to an inch.
But I will try again.

Toxic21/Greg, which models use which springs? And what is the rate difference?

Tesh, I will state the difference of the rear springs only ( this is fresh on my mind, would have to check on the fronts). The spring rates for the progressive rear springs are 225#and 240# for the 900 XP (not a huge difference). Both spring rates are available in that current year models spring colors. (Ex: for 2013 the springs are available in cloud silver, orange madness, and matte black).

In general,
The 225# springs come on the LE EPS models, so you have a more comfortable ride. (Designed for comfort)?

The 240# springs come on the non EPS LE as well as the standard units. (Designed for work)?

I have not searched for this info on the 2015 model year, this info is for 2013-2014.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts