PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfuly installed a winch with their Boss plow, if so what mount did you use and did you have to alter it in any way? It looks like the Boss plow mount uses some of the winch mounting hole.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have the same plow, with a Viper winch installed and no common bolts between the 2. My 2011 800HD is probably a bit different structurally, from the newer 900. A few of the bolts were a real pita with the winch already installed, but it works well.

·
Registered
762 Posts
1 more thought.

Because of the way the plow loads onto the mount, I have to let out some winch cable and drape it over to the side of the bumper, then raise the tower structure with the SmartHitch to the locked latch position. My winch hook sticks straight out too far and becomes pinched if left tight in the fairlead. Idk if this will be a problem when plowing as we have not had any snow yet this year, but in transport it was not an issue.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just have to let some cable out on my winch before you hook up to the blade.

·
Registered
321 Posts
image.jpg No issues with the winch mount or the Boss plow mount.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news! Thanks for the fast response!
Grundo, is your winch mount the polaris one?

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries, I was just affraid to buy the winch mount and it not work out and have to mount it on the rear. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts