PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this cheap because it had a piston rattle type noise that Im sure is coming from the drive clutch. Here is my question, who makes a decent inexpensive replacement drive clutch? This thing gets farm use, no trails very little road.
I would be much happier pulling harder down low than going fast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have also looked up part numbers on 2 different polaris look up sites and got 2 different part numbers? How do you figure out which one you need? Babbitts and Polaris Ind were the 2 sites 1321976 and 1321632 part numbers! There is only 1 option for a 99 ranger model on both

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I don't think you have much of an option for cheap aftermarket. Your going to need a clutch puller regardless. Id pull it and see if your correct about where the noise is coming from. If so, you may only need to replace some weights and bushings to take care of the rattling.

·
Super Moderator
6,851 Posts
I have also looked up part numbers on 2 different polaris look up sites and got 2 different part numbers? How do you figure out which one you need? Babbitts and Polaris Ind were the 2 sites 1321976 and 1321632 part numbers! There is only 1 option for a 99 ranger model on both
1321632 is the Original Part#, it has been Superseded by 1321976.

PM Sent.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts