PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Is this the driver side upper or passenger side upper?

Seems this fit driver side with ball joint placement but seems off with the shock mount. Just wanted to make sure it was correct.

Here is post with the other arm installed on passenger side

That normal or not?

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
Just by looking at them they seem backwards to me.
The shock on the passenger side is in a bind, this will put extra stress on the top mount, possibly breaking off and causing some major damage.
Also just by the picks it seems the shock mounting tabs are located differently between the two arms.

The top pic is the passenger side.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thought so too... It just didn't seem to line up to the hub, may just have to beat it in there. Thanks I appreciate the response!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to be sure and have some clarification

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
Don't try forcing or beating on it, if it doesn't fit properly, contact the Mfg and see what he has to say.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes they are backwoods arms, swapping everything around now

·
Registered
764 Posts
The fitment of the arms looks quite typical of backwoods arms...those are actually better that some I've seen....

Be careful running those arms with the shock bound like in your picture....like Toxic said, it will break...

I personally wouldnt use anything that fit that poorly....hopefully switching them around will get you a better fit....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks everyone for the responses. Helped me out a lot there. There were backwards and once turned it all went together decently, had a few right fits to get it all lined up and all but everything seems good now. Will be posting more pics once I get my tires and bumper done

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgot to send this pic and ask earlier...

And what exactly is the misalignment spacers for?

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
How many of the spacers cam with your arms?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Four spacers came with it, so I assume one on each end but not sure what where they go or the need for them...

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
I'm not sure, maybe another member with the A arms will chime in, or give john a call.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok thanks, yes could not figure out where they went. That's the last thing I have to do is install the helm joints and align ranger.

Thanks to backwoods for a great product!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My arm on the left rear was very hard to get in position, everything else went in good. Will that cause me any problems or wear with that one arm being hard to get in position. Kind of like having it in a bind but it's not. Had to beat and ply it to get where I could put bolt thru it at the hub.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
That happens sometimes, the aarms mount was probably a tad out... it happened to me on my 800 aarms. As long as the bolt went in you should be fine.

Reactions: Bamarider

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok thank you, just wanted to be sure

1 - 19 of 19 Posts