PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is running since 1/1/2020 every 1st of the month.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've been following him for a while , he has the some of the best fix its and down to earth explanations once you get past his goofiness

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been following him for a while , he has the some of the best fix its and down to earth explanations once you get past his goofiness
And

·
Registered
118 Posts
I cant get past the goofy bullshit

Reactions: wgarcar2

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant get past the goofy bullshit
I know how you feel, I have learned a lot from this guy, he is an unusual goofball.
I guess that's how he makes YouTube money with a lot of subscribers.
Passion is everything.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I know how you feel, I have learned a lot from this guy, he is an unusual goofball.
I guess that's how he makes YouTube money with a lot of subscribers.
Passion is everything.

I'm with you on that . His approach is a little eccentric but he gets the message across.
Also learned a lot
There are other vids out there that are more serious but why would you look!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm with you on that . His approach is a little eccentric but he gets the message across.
Also learned a lot
There are other vids out there that are more serious but why would you look!
Always good to broaden your horizons, you know, useless information.

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
589 Posts
How about giving the results considering it is posted in the wrong forum? ;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about giving the results considering it is posted in the wrong forum? ;)
I thought ranger photos and videos would be the proper forum to post.
Where should I post videos?

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I wager, StaBil, Seafoam and Startron will make the grade.

Although his videos are goofy I still enjoy them. Call it entertainment for a shallow mind or a break from the daily norm. I think his antics make people remember things better.

I had a professor while I was working for my EMS degree who did some odd things. For example, the first day he taught drug calcs he told everyone to get comfortable and took off his Sperry Topsiders and walked around the classroom sans shoes the entire class. His reasoning was that math freaks people out, especially younger people who didn't learn the basics as they were taught when I went to school ( I was the oldest student in the class by about 20 years). His odd teaching methods worked! In a matter of 3 classes we were spitting out dosages for drugs without using the complicated Master Formula, just doing the calcs in our heads. In fact, we never learned the Master Formuala! Best professor I ever had and to this day I really don't understand exactly how we learned drug calcs without actually doing math using a complicated formula, it was like magic, one day the light bulb just came on and you knew it.

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
589 Posts
I thought ranger photos and videos would be the proper forum to post.
Where should I post videos?
I’d say one of the off topic sections, but hey, I’m not a moderator. So, don’t mind me. :D

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I’d say one of the off topic sections, but hey, I’m not a moderator. So, don’t mind me. :D
Oh, I don't know, I think the video section is appropriate, or the General Discussion section. I don't think fuel quality is "off topic" since many posters on the Forum have had trouble with fuel due to ethanol or long term storage without any treatment; but, I'm not a moderator here either, just another Ranger owner trying to help others where I can and get a little occasional help myself.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Use stabil in all the two strokes and a shutoff valve in bigger engines. Drive the classic enough to keep the fuel fresh. Only off topic if diesel or electric. The teachers make the class no matter how mundane or unusual.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For me, I use stabil storage or Marine.
Also lucas that supposed to keep the air intake clean.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I fill 5 gallon cans with non ethanol high test and treat it with StaBil as soon as I return home from the gas station. From those cans I fill my 4 cycle small equipment and mix fuel for my 2 cycle equipment as well as refill the Ranger and Harley fuel tank. I haven't gotten to ride the Harley as often as I would like so ocassionally I siphon the fuel out of it for use in the Ranger and refill with treated fuel from those 5 gallon cans. With the Ranger I take the extra precaution not to allow the fuel level to remain low for long periods of time thus leaving less room in the tank for moisture laden air and associated condensation. This system may be overkill but StaBill isn't that expensive and I view it as cheap insurance if I should be laid up for a while and unable to use anything with fuel in it or when winter comes and much of the small equipment isn't needed.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I wager, StaBil, Seafoam and Startron will make the grade.
I'm with you on that!
I also pretreat fuel before filling gas containers
Use red Stabil @ 1oz per 2.5 gal. dumped in before filling and using non ethanol premium when possible.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Been using Stabil for many years when getting things ready for winters nap and Seafoam in season use to help keep things clean. Had a 3000 watt inverter generator that got stuck in the corner of the garage for now 3.5 years without use and pulled it out last week and it started on the first pull and ran without issue. We have had a very bad time with power outages this summer with the first time being the Friday of Memorial day weekend and the the temps hit 95.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Here is another fuel gas video which is very informative and maybe more appropriate for the little carbs. Sorry if OT....

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Here is another fuel gas video which is very informative and maybe more appropriate for the little carbs. Sorry if OT....

I won't say this guy is wrong, but in my experience with using non ethanol pump gas with StaBil for the past 40+ years hasn't demonstrated that benzine or olefins are a problem. I've had those small carbs apart and not seen the gummy resin he showed nor have a found hard diaphragms. I have seen fine lint like material in that tiny screen which has holes so small you almost can't see through them, but that is from fuel contamination like dust that gets in the air and ever time makes it's way into the fuel. I'm not knocking engineered fuels, I just haven't had the bad experiences he's talking about to encourage me to use it, and if it did my fuel costs would skyrocket. I use about 5 gallons a month in my small equipment. I may be that I use my equipment often enough that the fuel doesn't stay in the carb long enough to evaporate and allow the olefins to become gummy and perhaps the StaBil somehow counteracts the effects of benzine. As for causing cancer/leukemia, if you live in California or maybe in liberal Canada, everything causes cancer. I bought some tapered roller bearings the other day that had a warning that they cause cancer in California. If I stop using all the stuff that causes cancer in CA I'll have to just sit on my porch and rock, but not in a chair that is coated with any cancer causing material or made of any wood that causes cancer. Do they make rockers out of Pyrex glass? That is probably safe in CA as long as it's manufactured elsewhere. If it breaks I'll just bleed to death from lacerations.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Probably just a sales pitch, but it makes you wonder if ethanol is killing the seals and gumming up the carb. or not. Have had good luck with stabil also. And I prefer not to breathe any exhaust. There are some chairs made in China on ebay that will do you for half price...:geek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts