PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to move up into a 4 seater RZR. So the whole family can enjoy a ride rather than leaving the wife home by herself. Room enough for 3 in the '17 XP1000 Pursuit Camo Hunters Edition. So it's me, my boy and daughter.

Appreciate any info on personal dealings with the dealer out of Union City, TN. Plus do they charge sales tax on out of state purchases. Jay Hayfield Powersport in Fountenac(Sp?) does not as in Kansas SxS's are considered Ag/farm expempt on sales tax.

TIA everyone!

Bill

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great people to deal with, no hidden bull, they do not collect sales tax out of state, I drove 14 hours to deal with them saved about 3 grand

·
Registered
401 Posts
Never been a purchaser, but for every single report back I have seen they are a straight up company. The deal made is the deal you get. As far as sales tax years ago no tax on out of state sales and that went for every mail order company, however the sates have wised up now and most all mail order companies are charging sales tax, it also may have changed for Abernathie's. It would be best to ask them when you talk to them.

Mike

·
Registered
403 Posts
They carry massive inventory, which is reason for good prices, looks like a basic dealer when you pull in but they got a yard out back with about 10k units., Tell them what you want and color, they will go get it.
When I was buying my tan ranger crew it had a chip in the hood, I told salesman I hate to be picky but 15k dollars, I hate to buy it with chipped already, he said no problem, I have 8 more just like it on the yard, he went got another one....
How many other dealers carry 8-10 of each color.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They carry massive inventory, which is reason for good prices, looks like a basic dealer when you pull in but they got a yard out back with about 10k units., Tell them what you want and color, they will go get it.
When I was buying my tan ranger crew it had a chip in the hood, I told salesman I hate to be picky but 15k dollars, I hate to buy it with chipped already, he said no problem, I have 8 more just like it on the yard, he went got another one....
How many other dealers carry 8-10 of each color.
Yeah they're lil over 6 hours away from me. Jay Hatfield is about 2 hours away but looks like they have limited stock of stuff.

ETA..I did request a quote online for the RZR I'm interested in on this past Wednesday. But haven't got a reply yet on price quote.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I came close to going, added up what it would cost me to go down, then figured the headaches I'd have to endure with my dealer, and my dealer got close enough. No on sales tax, but you'll have 30days to pay in your state, not paying or claiming farm exempt is OK, where you'll run into problems if you got somewhere to ride that requires you to buy a sticker like a play park or another state.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
ETA..I did request a quote online for the RZR I'm interested in on this past Wednesday. But haven't got a reply yet on price quote.
That online price quote thing doesn't work any more, at least it doesn't for me.
Plus they are selling record numbers of vehicles so they are really busy.
Seems like it was 100+ a Saturday or two ago.
It is best to give them a call or text from that number in the little green box at the bottom right of the page.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That online price quote thing doesn't work any more, at least it doesn't for me.
Plus they are selling record numbers of vehicles so they are really busy.
Seems like it was 100+ a Saturday or two ago.
It is best to give them a call or text from that number in the little green box at the bottom right of the page.
I just tried the green icon button LoL . This was their response:

Thank you for contacting Abernathy's. Over the recent weeks we've seen an unprecedented amount of emails/texts/calls. Currently we are unable to to respond to the overwhelming amount of incoming messages from our website. If you are looking to make a serious inquiry into purchasing a new SXS/ATV/Bike, please call us at 731-885-1792. You will be asked to leave a message, we will be shutting off our incoming calls at 4:00 pm daily to try to ensure that day's calls are returned. We apologize for the inconvenience.

With like 30 million people unemployed right now. Wouldn't think they'd be that busy. Maybe just spend the $2500 on the Elka stg 4's and call it good. Already have spent like $24000 on the one I have now LoL. And it's paid for since day one.

Thanks guy's

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's one major flaw in the Ranger, stock shocks really suck for being Sachs. Always heard they were good in the automotive sector along with KYB.

Doesn't take much to bottom out these things to make your teeth rattle on rough terrain

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just call them, there in person price is straight forward anyway, they are not as busy if you go on a week day, as far as shocks the new body rangers rides great. I rode 9 hours at Hatfield on my ranger 1000 and wasn't even sore, I can't say that about my Teryx4 I use to have, it had fox shocks and beat the hound outta me

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're sold out of all Polaris except a couple plain Jane Rangers.

Might have to wait until I'm on vacation in July to go there and grab one(RZR) All they have left is quads, Honda SxS's and butt load of bikes

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I drove 7 hours down there on Friday from Northern IN and picked up the last 4 seat velocity turbo S they had in stock. The place was packed.
How much did they knock off of MSRP? I was going to do a 2020 RZR PRO XP 4 ultimate package. Stickered at almost $33k.

But I know they don't have jack for inventory now. And all you can do is leave messages hoping they call you back. Which I heard was hit or miss

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Inventory is getting short, Polaris is having difficulties just like everyone else with parts shortages, heard the other day they will stop production on 2020 and start working on the 2021, maybe Toxic will have some insite on it. There is another big dealer close to Abernathy's that offers the same deals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts