PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering putting 30" tires on my stock Northstar and just need a little more info on actual mounted tire size. Sooo, I call up Rocky Mountain and told them I'm considering either the Tusk Terrabite or the Kenati Mongrel in 30x10x14 but need to know what the actual mounted height is. They said the actual listed mounted height (at recommended psi) on both is 28". I was surprised to say the least and then asked what is the height on 28x10x14? The answer was 27.5". What???? If those specs are correct, why would anyone want to spend more money and go to more weight to only gain 1/2"? This may have been discussed somewhere in the past, but does anyone have real life experience with these dimensions?

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
591 Posts
Many tire manufacturers publish actual size, but I have no idea why a 30 isn’t 30. :)

Or, in my case, 25 isn’t 25.

·
Registered
226 Posts
On my stock Northstar I installed Tensor Regulator 30x10x14 and it is a true 30 inches in diameter. It fits with about 3/4 inch clearance sitting still, but if you were in a turn and had hard compression on the suspension it may cause some rubbing. so far no problems but I'm not a speedy trail rider, I enjoy the ride and love watching the scenery.

Reactions: Lennstang

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my stock Northstar I installed Tensor Regulator 30x10x14 and it is a true 30 inches in diameter. It fits with about 3/4 inch clearance sitting still, but if you were in a turn and had hard compression on the suspension it may cause some rubbing. so far no problems but I'm not a speedy trail rider, I enjoy the ride and love watching the scenery.
Thanks for the info HP, that's good to know. I can get a little rough on the Northstar a couple times a year when we go to the hills so maybe a true 30" isn't the answer. I'm currently running 28" Blackwater Evolutions, they've been a great tire but they're loud on the road and hard pack. Turns out we're doing more of that kind of riding so I'm looking for a good DOT rated tire that's quieter. There's a number of DOT rated truck style tires out there, I just have to get this size thing nailed down. I don't want to add a lift but want to get as much clearance as is reasonable. It may end up being one of these 30's that runs small, lol.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to go with 30x10x14 Tusk Terrabites. Got them in and mounted yesterday. I have 2-1/4" clear on the front, look great. Test drove yesterday and a lot quieter than my Blackwaters, but I can't get over how well they handle. They run balanced and true down the road. Headed to the Black Hills for a week the end of this month to give them a good workout. So far so good.

View attachment 127875

·
Registered
9 Posts
I decided to go with 30x10x14 Tusk Terrabites. Got them in and mounted yesterday. I have 2-1/4" clear on the front, look great. Test drove yesterday and a lot quieter than my Blackwaters, but I can't get over how well they handle. They run balanced and true down the road. Headed to the Black Hills for a week the end of this month to give them a good workout. So far so good.

View attachment 127875
I am in the exact same boat you were. I sent you a PM with some questions. I appreciate your time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have 10x30x14 Pro Armor Crawlers all around. The fit fine. At 13 psi they have 28.2” diameter. They only hit if I hit something stupid, like a water bar way too fast. But even that I could probably adjust the shocks to prevent but I love the soft ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can’t get Broadheads picture to open in the post above. I would really like to see what 30x10x14 Tusk Terrabites look like especially on a Northstar. These are the exact tires and size I am considering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I were to mount 30x14x10 tires all the way around on 14x7 wheels. I am assuming I would need a set of wheel spacers on the rear. Is this correct and if so how much of a spacer?

·
Registered
2 Posts

View attachment 127875
So what was the actual dimensions of the Tusk Terrabites after you mounted them up? I am considering them on a 2020 RZR S4 1000.
Thx!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts