PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at SYA Warrior kit but wondering if I have to cut or change anything on my 2020 xp1000. what is everyone else using for snorkels?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I researched a LOT before I bought my Highlifter brand snorkel kit for my 2019 Ranger XP 1000. The big plus is it uses very well engineered new silicone custom made hoses instead of ABS fittings glued together. As with just about ALL snorkel kits...something has to be cut somewhere! This kit requires the front of the bed to be modified...but comes with a nice plate to bridge the gap?! Parts,hoses,clamps,instructions are all top notch with this one!
6106E4D9-2E37-48CC-821F-0377575B360D.jpeg
A676607C-37AC-40BE-8300-6259B2229151.jpeg
47F12553-AE8A-4338-8EB6-1D448548B080.jpeg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,806 Posts
Without going into a long read.
None of the aftermarket Snorkles are Engineered, Air volume and Flow rates are not taken into consideration, therefore reducing performance and Clutch/Exhaust Cooling.
If you are looking for a good Snorkle Kit, although pricey, purchase the OEM Snorkle setup from the HighLifter/Back Country/Factory Choice Editions.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Without going into a long read.
None of the aftermarket Snorkles are Engineered, Air volume and Flow rates are not taken into consideration, therefore reducing performance and Clutch/Exhaust Cooling.
If you are looking for a good Snorkle Kit, although pricey, purchase the OEM Snorkle setup from the HighLifter/Back Country/Factory Choice Editions.
What I should have said was that “The hoses in my kit are custom engineered, molded silicone “ (molds for hoses require CAD engineering) as compared to other kits which utilize off the shelf ABS pipe and fittings, (no CAD engineering required) and of all of the “aftermarket” snorkel kits I researched...I chose this kit by Highlifter and I am very satisfied with MY purchase, and is in no way shape or form engineered in any way for optimum performance for any category ...except water intrusion. So yes...an OE snorkel kit would definitely be the best choice. For those who chose another route...this is a very nice”non engineered “ aftermarket snorkel kit at an affordable price?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts