PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I've been hearing about dirt getting past the air filter. On a 2015 ranger 900 xp, what is the Right or proper way to install a air filter? Do you seat it in the top or bottom case before your close it ? Thanks guys for all of your help.

· Registered
94 Posts
He could be referring to my post about my filter letting dirt get by. I bought a new filter the other day and decided to take my whole filter housing off and install the filter then putt everything back into place after installing filter. When I took the box off and was looking at it closely, after I laid the new filter in I noticed that my filter's seal was not in the grove right. Kinda had to press the filter lip in around the edges. Could have been the problem with mine in the past.

· Registered
86 Posts
If driving on gravel roads is going to be a part of my rides life what is the best step to do to protect it? Is snorkeling something to consider even though I may not be dealing with high water a lot? I just have a shit ton of gravel around the cabin and it's about 10 miles to the watering hole......what's the best thing to do to protect from the dust?

· Registered
970 Posts
If driving on gravel roads is going to be a part of my rides life what is the best step to do to protect it? Is snorkeling something to consider even though I may not be dealing with high water a lot? I just have a shit ton of gravel around the cabin and it's about 10 miles to the watering hole......what's the best thing to do to protect from the dust?
I having been thinking snorkel as well. However, I know from installing my windshield, the change in air flow around the unit causes dust to be drawn in the bed area and in fact, I ended up having to purchase a rear windshield to stop it from entering the cabin. So, would a snorkel be the right option if running a windshield given the added dust be drawn into the bed region? For this reason, I have been thinking of routing something to the front under the hood and someone here mentioned the air duct off a 500 crew, think that’s right may be a good option for my unit.

· Registered
86 Posts
That's a good point. if all the air from having a front and rear glass being on is directed right to where the snorkels are what's then next best option??? Hmmmmm??

· Registered
94 Posts
I haven't had mine to long and not at all during hot weather. I'm thinking of just taking the windshield and back glass out during the summer when that time gets here. On mine with front and back installed its more of a vacuum. Dirt just pours in. Still throwing the idea around about either a pre filter or a whole new filter housing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.