PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2015 900 XP. I had the dealer install a front glass windshield, plastic top and a rear lexan windshield. There is a lot of wind that comes under the top, above the front windshield. Is this suppose to be like that or is there suppose to be a gasket or something where the front of the top attaches to the top frame of the windshield. It seems that this is defeating the purpose of having a top and windshield to keep cold air and rain out as you are driving.
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
There a peel and stick gasket that should have been installed on the plastic top that will seal it against the machine. The dealer obviously left it off.

·
Registered
182 Posts
There is a window seal kit for it Only about 40 bucks

·
Super Moderator
6,708 Posts
You purchased the sport roof instead of the premium roof, so you will not get the foam gaskets.
Polaris part# 2879289 seal kit for premium/sport roof apprx $40

That is the correct part number, but it has been discontinued by Polaris, and does not show a replacement number.

Here are the individual part numbers and they are still good.

Polaris part#
5813845 Qty 2 sides
5813846 Qty 1 back
5813913 Qty 1 front

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Heck, I'd just go down to Home Depot and get a piece of foam weatherstripping of the appropriate thickness and length. Chances are, Home Depot is probably closer than your nearest dealer, and I guarantee you the weatherstripping will be cheaper.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I am just going to Home Depot or Lowes and get some weather stripping.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Heck, I'd just go down to Home Depot and get a piece of foam weatherstripping of the appropriate thickness and length. Chances are, Home Depot is probably closer than your nearest dealer, and I guarantee you the weatherstripping will be cheaper.
Did this on my Ranger, worked great. I remove it in the summer for the increased air flow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts