PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front tires appear to be out of alignment. I took a brief look and didn't notice any way to adjust. Picture is a little deceiving, but one wheel is turned slightly to the outside. Thoughts?
align.jpg

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
looks like bent tierod end ? T&S nice audi or buick

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Might just need to adjust the toe.......or as Troy mentioned, there could be a bigger issue, such as a bent tie rod, worn wheel bearing(s), ball joint(s) or tie rod end(s). Jack up each wheel and give it the "wobble test" to see if you have play in any of those components before trying to adjust the toe.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just noticed it and took picture. I have had the A-Arms off to install Zerk fittings but didn't notice any tie rod adjustment. Will check it out.

Troy - its an Audi Q5(wife's ride) I made fun of them until I drove it. Fast little booger. 3.0Liter Supercharge V6 with 8 speed automatic transmission. From the looks of that pic you can see who married a redneck. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
well the rangers red LOL what do you drive ? I hate cars sorry I,am a truck man or jeep T&S
I just noticed it and took picture. I have had the A-Arms off to install Zerk fittings but didn't notice any tie rod adjustment. Will check it out.

Troy - its an Audi Q5(wife's ride) I made fun of them until I drove it. Fast little booger. 3.0Liter Supercharge V6 with 8 speed automatic transmission. From the looks of that pic you can see who married a redneck. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
There should be an adjustment on the tie rods, I believe they are hidden inside the rubber boots. But I also think the specs call for toe OUT on the front.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Here ya go. This is for the 900, but should be same procedure.

Toe Adjustment_Page_1.jpg
Toe Adjustment_Page_2.jpg

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
What tool is used to get the correct torque on the jam nut? I have torque wrenches that use sockets, but you can't get a socket over the jam nut. Do you have to use one of those crow foot adapters that goes on in place of a socket? If so, doesn't that throw off the torque?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hmm, maybe I'll just eyeball it. :D I knew that the moment of force had been extended by the adapter so the amount of torque (according to the torque wrench) should be lower. But that article is a pretty good reference should I want an exact torque setting. Thanks!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just copied he link. I am going to tighten it until I am happy and call it torqued!

·
Registered
482 Posts
You can always use a box end wrench on the end of an open end wrench for more torque. The tie rod nuts don't need to be that tight though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts