PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I fixed the rattling bed on my 2018 1000. I hammered the latch brackets down a little to make the latch pull the bed down more. Before I could see clearance between the rubber bed spacers and the frame. I don't know if the brackets will stay bent down, but for now it is tight and doesn't rattle.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think I fixed the rattling bed on my 2018 1000. I hammered the latch brackets down a little to make the latch pull the bed down more. Before I could see clearance between the rubber bed spacers and the frame. I don't know if the brackets will stay bent down, but for now it is tight and doesn't rattle.
I've been putting some grease on all contact points between the bed and the frame and latches periodically (every time I wash it). It got rid of the noise for the most part. I'm not going to town on my brackets with a hammer because they would snap with my luck.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you keep the latches greased it does help the squeaky rattle sound, but I wanted to try something different. I thought of the possibility of breaking them off, but I probably only moved them down 1/8-3/16" or so. If they break off I'll make something that works better and won't break. I see you grease yours when you wash it, maybe that's my problem.....I rarely wash my rangers. :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Richard,
Is your bed rattle still gone? If so, would you mind posting some pictures of the latch brackets you were talking about that you hammered down?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Instead of beating the latches down, why not put something on top of the rubber bumpers to bring them up and contact the bed? Possibly a washer between the frame and the bumpers to make them a bit taller?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Richard,
Is your bed rattle still gone? If so, would you mind posting some pictures of the latch brackets you were talking about that you hammered down?
I haven't noticed any more rattling so I would say it is a fix. I suppose the rubber feet that contact the frame could eventually get crushed and cause problems. I'll get some pictures this weekend, but the brackets I worked on are the ones welded to the frame that the latch hooks to when you close it. I hammered a little at a time until it felt tight when closed.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Instead of beating the latches down, why not put something on top of the rubber bumpers to bring them up and contact the bed? Possibly a washer between the frame and the bumpers to make them a bit taller?
That might work too. My hammer was quicker and I was tired of hearing the rattle :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here’s a picture of the left side. Bent down slightly

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts