PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2018 Ranger 1000XP. I found the thread from last Oct. about using the in-dash turn indicators and followed Gh0strider's instruction about using pins 6 and 7. I hooked everything up and it works great, until I start to move. When the Ranger is moving, the dash indicators lights stop working, but the outside turn signals work as expected. Once I stop, the dash signals work again. They are connected to the front turn signal wires, and since they work fine while moving, it would make sense there is power there.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have. Mike

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe that they work off of a can bus signal from the pcm. BUT I have not used a scope to confirm it. I was going to do it the same way you did but found a few threads that indicated that it wouldn't work.
So what I did was to install small green LED on top of the dash. It works out great because it works like a HUD system. Reflecting on the windshield so I don't have to look down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It just so odd that everything works just fine until I start moving, and then ONLY the dash lights don't flash, everything else still works as it should.

Oh well, someone will figure it out someday.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Shanno
I just hooked mine up to the dash lights, It does the same thing as yours.
I can turn the signal on with the key off and they work just fine, but if I start it up the work for about 5 seconds then they stop until I turn the key off.
Any luck figuring out what the deal is?
BTW I have the no hole signal lights purchased off of ebay.
Dennis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't figured it out yet, it's so hit or miss of when it works and when it doesn't. One thing that's constant though, as soon as the Ranger starts to move they stop working. One day I switched the turn signal on, it started blinking on the dash, started moving and it stopped, then started blinking again when I stopped moving. But that was just once. For the most part, it just works with the engine not running. It has to be a computer thing, but what stops it from working when the outside lights flash all the time and the two wires are connected? Does it do something with the ground for the instrument cluster? And why isn't it consistent as to when it works and doesn't?

Fun times.

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, as I mentioned in the original post, the wires are hooked up to pins 6 and 7. They work the way they are suppose to when the machine is off, but stop working when it is started.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts