PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum deal but any help is appreciated! Sort of aggravating 馃槦
15 Ranger 900 xp efi eps tuned and turf deleted. 300 hours 1450 miles.
Bought it used been running fine. I replaced the tie rod ends and drove it up the rode to double check. Shut it off when I got back in the driveway. Wife wanted to ride the kids, they all got in she hit the key fired right up went back dead and will not start back. It will crank but won't start. I can hit it with a shot of starting fluid and it will fire up and run. I checked fuel pressure its 57 58 psi koeo or koer. I do notice if I try to rev it to like 2500 rpm and hold it steady sometimes it will rev clean and sometimes it starts to bogg. Sometimes the idle is rough and sometimes its smooth. No check engine light on. Throttle body is clean. I do have a shop and i am trying to keep from throwing money to a dealer!

Administrator
It is maintaining 58 +/- 2 psi at idle and under load?

Have you fully charged and load tested the Battery?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes fuel pressure holds steady idle or throttle stab. When it shut off on my wife it wasn't like it ran out of fuel it was almost like the key was turned off. Just dead. I started it on starting fluid and drove it down the road and it will intermittently run good then rough with no power then good again. Almost like its getting a false signal from a sensor or something.

Administrator
Ok, clean the PPS/TPS connector on the gas pedal and apply dielectric grease.

Check the Chassis ground.

If that doesn鈥檛 work shoot me a message.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts