PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting some wheel spacers for my 14 Crew 900 and I would never put them on my truck or anything but i am curious about any problems with these machines? breaking wheel studs? any stress on the CV's? What size is safe to run? 2" 1.5? We usually have 3 to 4 people and every once in a while 2 guys with 1000lbs of deer corn in the bed. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have 1.125" spacers on the rear of my machine and have no issues. The wheels I have are only available with one backspacing. With the rear being just a bit more narrow than the front, it just looked odd and the center caps were pushed off due to the hub nut cover forcing them out of the wheel.

There shouldn't be any issues with studs if everything is torqued properly and CV's will be fine.

·
Registered
899 Posts
1" all around on my '12 no issues. Feels a lot more stable.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
I agree with Dave. As long as they are hub-centric spacers that fit properly and torqued right, they shouldn't add any measurable stress. That said, I'd start getting nervous with anything over 1.5". Why are you considering spacers; looks, stability, contemplating after-market rims...? If you are considering new rims, you may want to wait until after you decide on which ones - you may need a specific size (like Dave did) because of available back space options on the rims you choose.

Two other considerations; trailer width - a set of 1.5's is going to add 3" to the width of your buggy; and debris tossing. The further out your wheels are, the more mud, dirt, dust(!), sand, and slow armadillo body parts, are going to get tossed up on you and the side of your buggy unless you extend your fender flares!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have 1.5" spacers on my 29.5's. Im running a 3" outkast lift and love my spacers. Def makes it more stable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks and stabilization. Really I have a 2.5 marshall lift and stock black steel wheels and tires for now I am going to run these for a while. Plenty of room on my trailer I am thinking 1.5" spacers what is a good brand?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've ran the billet style hub centric spacers for over 12 years on various atvs ect without any issues. After 100 miles be sure to check the torque on them for safety though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts