PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came close to buying the 800 fs ranger 7 mos ago bc i loved the size, plushness of the ride and seat and thought the noise was not bad. However, i ended up buying electric, a bad boy buggy, which i totally love. I intended to use my atv for supplemental needs on my hunting lease and at times when i had long distances to go. Unfortunately, soon after buying the electric, the ranch banned atv,s but will allow utv so i am reconsidering a ranger and the 570 full size is of interest assuming it will ride and handle similar to the 800 i liked so much, subject to less power of course.

Are there reviews on this site where i can read or learn more about this utv? User experiences around ride quality, speed, noise, general handing vs the 800 or 900, etc would be of interest

·
Registered
181 Posts
The new 570 will blow the old 800's away in just about every category. If your happy with the vehicles you have now, then I wouldn't even consider a 900, the 570 will do what you need it for, plus some.

John

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any reviews on the bike by owners?

Thank you for your inout john, i was hoping it was as good as the 800, didnt expect it to be better. Need to understand that

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
The full size 570 would be my choice too. The improvements in suspension and accessories, plus the rear engine placement are huge. Torque on the low end will suffer with the single cylinder mill, but it should still have more than enough for almost everyone.

The 2014 800's are still a great value, but the full size 570 (if priced where it should be) is the better all around package IMO.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Will, seems like there isnt a ton of i fo on the 570 fs and it is newer than i realized, some dealers dont even have them i guess. I also learned the 800 fs i liked so much is sold out, guess thats why they had the big rebatesearly this yr.

Does anyone here own the fs 570?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got one.
Maintenance: Everything is easy to get to. Oil Filter is in plain sight. Oil Fill cap instead of a funnel in the Dip Stick Tube.
No Dip Stick Tube at all. The dip stick goes into the block, again an improvement.
Front End fill accessable, Transmission Fill and Drain accessable. Grease Zerts.

The Manual Steering is way better than my old machine. I do not know what they changed, but it is very noticeable.

The 570 has a Park Position on the shifter. BIG IMPROVEMENT over the junk Park Brake set up on the old machines.

Empty it seems to be almost as perky as my old 2009 700XP.

So far I have not had a heavy load in the bed. I do not expect to see much difference over my old machine.

I do not rip my machine around. ( My 2009 still had the factory belt when I traded it in) I haul Fire Wood, Hay, Fence Posts etc around the farm. I haul Corn to fill feeders on the lease for some out of state hunters. I haul Targets around at the Range. I very seldom run over about 30 MPH.
I took it up to 50 MPH the other day for another Forum Member who wanted to know how fast it would run. My old 700XP would only do 50 MPH, so I figured 50 was about the top end. Bottom Line is it runs plenty good enough for me. It buzzed right up to 50 with no problem. Will it go over 50?? I have no idea, I want to break it in better before I see.

The new Loc and Ride Cab is a good thing if they stay with it. Sooner or later we should have some cheaper or better cab parts.
My Glass Windshield drops in, flip 4 levers and you are done.
The Glass Rear Window is held by 2 levers at the top.
I have not gotten doors yet. Waiting on a source for cheaper ones to show up. After I use it for a few months I may decide I do not need them anyway.

Dog Report: My Reporter Barkley thinks the rear window is a terrible idea. He cannot access the bed by hopping over the seat back.

I have a Seat Belt Interloc Jumper Plug on order. A little salty with the Robbery on Shipping, but nothing will be altered from factory on the machine.
I removed the Side Safety Nets. (and saved them) (See the 2015 Ranger/Razor area on this Forum for my report)
I have Seat Covers on order to keep the seats in better condition for trade in down the road.

Overall the Full Size 570XP is a big step up from my 2009 700XP. I like the glass windshield so far also.

I have not driven it a lot, but the fuel mileage on this new motor is supposed to be much better.

Basicly lots of improvements on the newer machines.

Bob R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts