PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a crossbow and I'm thinking about ways to carry it.

I have done some searching and found a system that cost $150, but I think it could be done for less money. Maybe just hang it from the inside of the cage pointing up.

Any ideas? Any photos?
Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
I'll be watching this thread. Carrying the case I have for mine is kinda bulky :? . I'm sure that I could fab something up, but there's no sense in reinventing the wheel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm waiting for ideas on here myself they are awkward to mount solidly. Hope Some guys step up with pictures

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
I'd like to see some options. I still haven't made anything to secure mine, so I just try riding easy to and from the stand.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Guys, its hard to beat carrying one in the case in the bed. I carry my bow that way. I just don't see anything out there that gets me real excited to mount anywhere. Plus, it keeps dust, rain, mud off my bow during the drive to the stand.

Hope you find something.

·
Registered
213 Posts
This will be my first year using the ranger for hunting. In years past, my rhino was my hunting buggy but I just sold it a month ago. If you have a two seat ranger you can probably do it like I did on my rhino. I would **** my crossbow when I got to the woods and wrap the rear of the sling around the headrest on my passenger side. I laid the crossbow against the front of the seat with the arrow pointing toward the floor board. I was able to put my pack under it and it made a spot snug enough to hold it still yet easily accessible if I needed to grab it... my crew doesn't have front head rests obviously so I'll be looking for another method. The headrest method worked for my Barnett Vengeance (which I dumped and will never buy again) and now for my Tenpoint Carbon Elite.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Found this mount surfing the web.. company called Great Day atv/utv accessories.. show's an Excalibur bow. ( not crazy about it sticking above the roof) I have a Parker Tornado .. little more compact...

Great Day, Inc. - Power-Pak UTV Crossbow Holder

·
Registered
65 Posts
May sound kind of corny but I lay mine on the seat on top of my pack and thread the seatbelt through it, click it and snug it tight by pulling the excess out of the seatbelt. Works well for me since 2011

·
Registered
2 Posts
It may seem cheesy, but I put mine on top of my bag on the seat, thread the seatbelt through it, click it, then take the excess out of the seatbelt. Since 2011, it has served me well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts