PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im contemplating making a rear window for my 900. Anyone have any tips for this. Pics of your custom windows would be great!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im contemplating making a rear window for my 900. Anyone have any tips for this. Pics of your custom windows would be great!!
I made one from a piece of 1/4" thick plexiglass ,used 3/8" weather stripping for seal, bolted it in with 4 1/4"x1" stainless steel bolts and nuts. Cut template from cardboard, traced on plexiglass , cut out with jigsaw, inexpensive and easily replaceable

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for starting the topic elevatorguy. I'm thinking of doing the same... Is plexiglass similar to polycarbonate/lexan in terms of scratch resistance? Just curious if I'd be money ahead to spring for something more durable and expensive, or go with cheaper and plan to replace more often.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a glass shop cut 3/8 lexan for my windshield/roof/back window. $400

I siliconed everything/used 4 bolts for the back window and zip ties for windshield. Held up great so far.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I made my own back glass from a piece of 1/4 inch laminated glass and glued it in just like most cars,ive been in the glass business for over 30 years,,,,think about having your local glass shop to do it ,you may be surprised how reasonable it realy is

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made my own back glass from a piece of 1/4 inch laminated glass and glued it in just like most cars,ive been in the glass business for over 30 years,,,,think about having your local glass shop to do it ,you may be surprised how reasonable it realy is
What did you glue it with???

·
Registered
207 Posts
Automotive urithane,,,,,it comes in a tube for a caulking gun

Reactions: trog

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used plywood painted it black then cut out 36/36 square in middle and put a piece of plexiglas in the middle looks good and cost around 30 bucks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
IMG_0956.JPG made this back window from Lexan using a cardboard template. I actually made the back and front windshields and the roof from Lexan, for about $500. I wouldn't use any kind of poly carb for a front windshield again tho. It scratches way to easy, so I bought a lock and ride glass windshield this winter

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
... Is plexiglass similar to polycarbonate/lexan in terms of scratch resistance?......
Lexan is MUCH better than plexiglass. It is more scratch resistant and will not shatter into shards like plexiglass.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't think you can see through that!
It looks like it's a honeycomb material.
image.png

·
Registered
163 Posts
Get one of your buddies to take his rear out and trace around it so you
can get a good template, then cut it out of the poly or Lexan. There are
pre designated spots for bolts for attachment. You should be able to figure
that out pretty easy. It is not exactly rectangular, so a friends rear glass
will be a big help. Even the purchased ones do not fit tight, so don't
concern yourself with that. You can purchase some of the black insulation
that go's around it. You should be able to do it real cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts