PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked myself this question a thousand times and my answer is I'd rather drive.
My husband and I spent a week in Gilbert, WVA for trailfest 2012 first time being there. The Saturday
of trailfest we decided to take the rzr down to have breakfast that Friday night is rained into Saturday morning.
So we got geared up and hit the connector from Twin Hollow Campground and down the mountain we went. Mind
you we're from Michigan and are use to the 50 inch trails here. The trail was muddy, and slippery. My husband ask me if I
had my pucker face on, while I got the death grip on the on the passenger bar. I replied yup sure do and I haven't had my blood pressure medicine yet. Mind you it's a
mile down the side of the mountain. Finally we made it down to the main road. I was so relieved.
Since then I'm not a good passenger and almost refuse to ride with him when he's driving which is rare cause mostly I drive and he's got his own quad and rzr.

So are u a good passenger or would you rather drive?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Both

I consider myself a good passnger but I enjoy driving too.

In fact there a lots of times when I do drive especially when we have family and friends in tow. Then it's usually a trade off..... hubby and I start off driving one vehicle and during the ride end up switching off.

I love the rzr but often end up manhandling the ranger on the trails because hubby like to show off with the rzr but I occasionally kick him off the rzr and stick him with the ranger.

(mostly because the rzr has power steering and the ranger doesn't and the fact that the ranger is so much bigger)

Can't compare the two vehicles....driving the ranger is like driving a schoolbus and the rzr is like a sportscar......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Both

Barracudas said:
I consider myself a good passnger but I enjoy driving too.......driving the ranger is like driving a schoolbus and the rzr is like a sportscar......
My thoughts exactly. I have always been a passenger and completely trust my husband (our kids are always with us.....safety first). Our daughters got dirt bikes for Christmas, so that has been fun watching the girls learn to drive and their daddy helping them get out of rough spots, allowing me to drive!! Usually by the end of the day, my husband is riding the bigger dirt bike, the older daughter is riding her sister's, leaving me to drive on the trails. I have learned alot!! After driving the Ranger, and now driving the RZR, I agree with the school bus and sports car analogy!! I just need to convince Jerry to buy me my own RZR :wink: :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi ladies! Just stumbled across the ladies section.

I'm the driver as the hubby likes to look around the woods! Works for us...plus it surprises most of the new people we ride with to see a girl wheeling this Ranger Crew right behind them!

I'll try and complete the intro questionnaire when I get a minute! Nice to have some company on the forum!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Definitely the driver! I don't like the feeling of helplessness when you're the passenger. If I screw up, I'd rather it be on my own accord.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a driver! Never had a 4 wheeler growing up, so I'm living out my childhood! I tend to scare hubby (and daughter occasionally :smug: ), cuz I like to ride hard and sling mud!

Can't wait for better weather to really get out & ride!! Indiana will warm up eventually!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts