PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years I have bought 10 or so Polaris machines from a dealer in NE WI near my home town. The dealer has incredible service, a very friendly atmosphere and always treated me right. I typically got a 20% discount on any parts I bought from them including oil, cab components, tracks, etc.

I moved to North Central WI about 5 years ago. With building a house and the recession, my toy purchases have been essentially "zilch" since moving. I've visited my new local dealer dozens of times and bought a used atv from them for my daughter. Now that I'm ready to make my first big purchase I'm getting ready to negotiate. My plan for the 2013 Ranger XP 900 is to get him to give my his best price then tell him I'll pay $200 above that but he has to include rear bumper, nerf bars, oil / filter, service manual and give me 20% future parts / accessories.

I would really like to deal with my local dealer just as a matter of convenience. I'd feel sheepish about buying the machine from my old dealer 2.5 hours away and expect good service when I need it quickly from the local dealer.

Who out there is normally getting a discount on parts / accessories from their dealer? I'm not sure if my 20% from my old dealer was exceptional because of the amount of business I did with them or if it's fairly typical. I don't want to insult the new dealer but I don't want to leave something on the table if you know what I mean.

When I was considering trading my '06 the new dealer told me (sight unseen) that he'd give $5,000 to $5,200 trade for my '06 (with everything except tracks) and his price was $14,150 for new 900 Orange Madness LE with EPS. Does that seem like a fair price on the 900?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm getting and have gotten 12% from my dealer since my first purchase from them in 2006, This is on parts, accessories and maintenance products at non sale price. Can't help on the price of the Ranger.

Mike

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got 15% discount with purchase of my new Ranger for 6 months on parts and accessories. They had coupons last year for 15% off parts/accessories and I had a few of those as well. The coupons did not have an expiration date. Everytime I use one of those, they try not to honor the coupon until I make a fuss. They moan and complain how they are not making any thing with the coupon on polaris stuff. They told me the coupon was suppose to be a 10% discount and limited time. They act like they are giving me the part. There is significant $ made on accessories. Most of the time profit is in the 25-30% range. I have purchased 2 rangers from them in the past 12 months and neither of those purchases were bargains.

Unfortunately, they are the only dealer around for 70+ miles. They also sell Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and yamaha products. There is only 1 other Honda dealer in the area and one Harley dealer. This is in a city of 250,000. Sweet deal selling that many lines with little competition.

·
Registered
177 Posts
dealer

My dealer gives me 15%. I cant say enough great things about how they go above and beyond. I'm about 1 - 1 1/2 hours from the dealer I purchased from. One of he owners lives about 30 minutes from me so he will meet me with the parts or whatever I need. He will also haul my ranger in for service when its time so I dont have to make the drive.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I talked to my local dealer on thr Orange Maddness and he would go $13 , 150.00 with a farm discount ( no taxes ). We have not talked about after the sale. I have done business with him for 20 plus years.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My local dealer evidently doesn't stock enough parts to discount. Their favorite line is, no but we can order it. I just smile an tell them I can too. Ball Equipment will be getting my parts business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts